ADT Hub System Test Required/Duplicate Sensors/Cellular Module Failure (July 2019)

The billing page of the ADT Canopy Portal:

Yes I am getting the same page. Maybe theres a way for us to downgrade our firmware?

The ADT/ST hub hasn’t gotten a firmware update. Maybe something in the ADT or SmartThings cloud?

1 Like

The error seems to be related to the sim card. As soon as it checks for 4g signal it seems to fail and the url is redirected to “/sim-error”

or something happened to the adt server that the request is being sent to and its coming back with an error

I have the same duplicate sensor issue. Signed up for ADT monitoring today. Unable to complete the System Test because my sensors appear multiple times.

See screenshots. I have triggered all of my sensors, but duplicate sensors appear and cannot be triggered.

ADT referred me to Samsung and I have a ticket open with SmartThings support to investigate.

I have hub firmware version 000.020.00203 which appears unchanged. Samsung asked me to reboot the hub in the IDE and reinstall the iPhone app, but this had no effect.

I have also lost the weather widget on my panel when I signed up for ADT, which is odd.

The cellular signal strength test on adtcanopyportal.com shows a fair network connection, so I don’t appear to have a SIM issue. I can also access the billing page on that site, so I’m not having those issues.

I found another post related to my issue which helped me remove the duplicate sensors myself.

Update: I spoke too soon! The duplicate devices are BACK!

I believe I’ll try this when I get home:

1. Perform a System Test which will not complete due to the duplicates.
  2. Screenshot the System Test screens.
  3. Run the procedure mentioned below to remove duplicates.
  4. Immediately run a System Test again before the duplicate sensors return.

Ultimately it looks like Samsung or ADT needs to fix this.

Original post follows. Here is the post which helped me develop my procedure:

I manually removed the duplicate sensors using the following procedure:

1. Login to adtcanopyportal.com
  2. Click on your location name from the dashboard page. (There is a green location badge next to the clickable name.)
  3. You will be presented with your monitored devices. You can delete duplicate devices by selecting the gear icon next to the device and selecting “Remove Device”.

My duplicate sensors have the same name. I was able to determine which sensors are bogus by comparing the list of sensors on this page with the list of sensors from the System Test (see previous post screenshots). They are listed in exactly the same order.

I deleted the sensors at the position in the list which did not respond to the System Test.

Note: I am unable to delete the duplicate ControlUnit.

I am away from home but I’ll try completing the System Test when I get home. Hope this works. Nearly everything about this system — including debugging issues and finding support — is DIY! :slight_smile:

I was finally able to re-add my door sensor by rebooting the control unit and re-adding sensor with the button press procedure in the back of the manual. Now all of my duplicates are gone, everything looks perfect. Still can’t do a system test.

Did anyone notice that email to the support address on the “Device added to your ADT account” email (support@adthelp.com) bounces back?

Same here. All of my devices are deleted from the monitoring. They aren’t getting any signals from my panel. ADT says my cell radio is dead. They say they don’t sell replacement parts for it. I also can’t get into my billing to even cancel my monitoring and I have done all the same trouble steps listed in the previous posts (even have an open ticket) Seems to me this is the way ADT is going to get rid of this system. They are going to break every panel and then not fix them so they can be done with this system. It’s upsetting that I spent so much money on this system and it worked for 2 years and now no one is going to support it. Really bad customer relations.

1 Like

Update. All of my duplicate sensors were removed. However, the final phase of the System Test never completes. An inspection of the response from XHR APIs while the Test is running indicates the duplicate ControlUnit is holding up the final confirmation because the duplicate ControlUnit never responds. You cannot remove the duplicate ControlUnit using the ADT UI. I suspect it may be possible by editing a similar XHR request for deleting a sensor, changing the device ID to match the bad ControlUnit. I didn’t do this because I accidentally deleted one too many sensors and I don’t want to go through the trouble of resetting a sensor for a flow which may not work correctly.

My cell radio appears to be working correctly. My radio firmware is 17.01.573 and panel firmware version N.1.0 build 3901.

I have asked ADT for a refund via email provided by ADT over the phone. You can speak with someone knowledgeable by explaining to ADT the system test is not completing. Samsung cannot issue ADT refunds.

I somehow deleted my last post and didn’t mean to do it.

We should all email the CEO of ADT and tell them how unhappy we are that they just dropped us like this:

I don’t think they’ve suddenly dropped anybody on purpose considering some people still have a perfectly functional system. Sounds like they didn’t test well enough and broke something that affects some systems but not others.

Update:
Hey guys I finally fixed mine by deleting my ADT account and opening another one.
I used the smartthings app, went into my ADT account and in the DETAILS section all the way at the bottom I deleted my locatio and i restarted the hub from IDE and restarted my phone. I then opened another account on another email address from the app. I received all the emails from ADT that my sensors have been added. I tried to do the required system test and it failed at first. Then i used the classic app, clicked on the Home Security banner section, then at the top right i clicked the settings wheel and went all the way at the bottom where it said “Test Mode”. That took me to my ADT page where it had a slider and I put the system in test mode. I went back and clicked on the system test required banner and I had 3 cellular bars and the test passed.
Now all my sensors are on the ADT canopy page and everything works as before. And even the billing section is showing up now.

2 Likes

Did you get charged again for deleting the location?

It gave me the promotional trial again. The app said 7 days, the website said 30 days. Im not sure which one is correct but I will probably call ADT and get a refund from my old account.

Good to know, thanks! I might try this if I gain the patience to try again.

ADT reps on the phone will direct you to email for a refund request. An email address they provided at the domain adtcanopy.com bounces and doesn’t work anymore. Request they provide a billing contact at adt.com. Specify “SmartThings Billing” in the subject line.

I have yet to receive a response via email.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in and say I’m having the same issue. I’ve had the panel for quite a while, and have essentially been self-monitoring it, but only activated ADT monitoring in June of this year. Unfortunately I prepaid for six months of monitoring.

This weekend I was trying to wall mount my panel, which was setting off the tamper alert, so I went into the “manage account” section of the app to turn on testing mode so that I wouldn’t trigger any responses from the monitoring center. To my surprise, it listed that I have zero monitored devices! On the SmartThings side of the app it still showed all my sensors under “ADT Monitored Devices”.

The first thing I tried was deleting and re-adding a motion sensor, which got me into the state where a system test is required, but running the system test immediately fails like it does for others. I called the 1-800-ADT-ASAP number tonight and talked to several people, only to ultimately be told that there is a service outage preventing the test from running and there is no ETA to fix it. They gave me the invalid billing@adtcanopy.com address to request a refund, and my email bounced. Talk about a frustrating experience. So not only does my system not currently have any monitoring, I only discovered that fact by accident and I have no idea when it stopped working.

If I can get a refund I may try the brand new account route suggested by @LTG. Otherwise I am incredibly frustrated with this system and my scrap it altogether and go another route, in spite of the investment I’ve already made in sensors.

1 Like

I am waiting a little longer to see if they have a fix. I don’t want to go through getting a refund of my prepaid monitoring and then pay for it all over again. Not sure if I want to commit to a longer period of time at this point.

I’m will try this if you have the same hardware version as me. What firmware version do you have? Mine is firmware version N.1.0 build 3908. Radio Modem 17.01.573.

What is interesting to me is the ADT canopy website can see the status of my sensors (open or closed) so how can they see that info if they “aren’t getting any signals from the panel”!

Yes I have the same.

Im not sure what is causing the issue. I think adt can see the sensors but not the panel. I think the account is somehow tied to some serial number in the panel. On my old account I could see the the test page being redirected to “https://mod.adtcanopyportal.com/customer#/premises/(some serial number)/start” and it would come back as page not found, just like the billing page.