Synchronize ADT Hub Alarm States and Smart Home Monitor?

So I have the ADT hub and sensors as well as some other devices. Mostly things are working well. However, to really make things work right when I arm the alarm on the ADT hub I also want to set the alarm state on smart home monitor to the same state. This seems to be a common need as smart home monitor is required to do things like triggering camera from a motion sensor when the alarm is armed. I cannot do this with the ADT alarm states.

Is there something I am missing that would allow me to arm smart home monitor when adt is armed? Note I always want the ADT panel to be the master to arm/disarm and only need the smart home alarm state to match so that I can set rules like camera triggering.

Check this smart app out. It adds a lot of the Smart Home Monitor functions to the ADT armed state

3 Likes

I am also open to suggestings for new functions if there is something I can add to ADT Tools to make it more useful.

More information about the app Things That are Smart - ADT Tools

2 Likes

Something to consider as well is every sign points to them not wanting SHM on the ADT panel. I know some have it, but I suspect they had it installed on their location and swapped the hub to use the ADT panel.

I had it initially because I was experimenting with SHM on a nvidia shield smartthings link. When I added the ADT panel it was still there. At some point I did a reset to clean up some stuff and my smart app list changed and SHM was gone as an option.

Not sure if this is still a need but i am working on something that will fill this request. Just keep an eye on the ADT Tools release thread and I should have it out soon.

1 Like

I have just published 2 updated child apps that will enable syncronization to be maintained between the alarm state of the Location(ie SHM) and the ADT Panel. It also creates a delay for chaging the location alarm status for a kind of exit delay.

This should provide the kind of integration you are asking for in this thread.

1 Like

Hi Mavrrick, I too am interested in the integration you have created between SHM and the ADT Panel. I followed the link to your ADT tools page but I am unclear with of the apps is the parent to install first (and publish). I tried using process of elimination as well from your ADT tools page and the listing of apps from GitHub but I am still not sure which app is the parent.

If this is something obvious I apologize as I am a SmartThings newbie (but have installed a couple of SmartApps already).

thank you.

Mark

1 Like

Sorry…reread your instructions and yes, my question was a dumb one. Think I have it figured out.

Mark

No worries. Please let me know how it goes and if you see anything that would make it work better.

Hi Mavrrick, I do need some help please.

Your instructions state to “Create Virtual Momentary Tile buttons in the Smartthings IDE for the alarm modes you want to change to”. I assume this means to create 3 new devices within the IDE, 1 each for Arm-Stay, Arm-Away and Disarm. If that is correct my challenge is selecting the Type? I have tried a few options, most of which don’t show up in the ADT tools app. I don’t seem to have a type of “Virtual Momentary Tile button”.

If in fact I should be creating a new device, what type should I be selecting?

Thank you.

Mark

You are right about creating the buttons. I would suggest you download then publish the ADT Momentary button tile device type handler from the repo. Once that is done you should be able to select it as a device type for the buttons.

The reason I suggest that button is that it will work in the new smartthings app.

1 Like

Could also load the new version from ADT Tools v2. That is the ADT Tools release thread. It also has fewer child apps to deal with and hopefully the setup makes more sense. So much has happened with the older version it was getting messy

Mavrrick, thank you. I uninstalled ADT Tools v1 and installed v2. Created the buttons and a quick test indicates it is working but I can’t do a complete test a people are sleeping :slight_smile:

FYI…when I clicked on Support the Project the app didn’t navigate me anywhere where I could do so :frowning:

Regards,
Mark

Thank you very much for offering. I haven’t finished that page of the app yet. As of now that space is kind of a place holder.

I just found what I would call well some poor edits on my part. It looks like i broke some of the button create code at some point. I have corrected it now and the application should be a bit more smooth to use. I went back to do some testing and found that it wouldn’t save properly I couldn’t even reinstall it.

I have added an ability to remove the app and in doing so uninstall the new buttons as well. I would suggest you just update the ADT Tools 2 main app from the repo and then try it again if you have any issues.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to continue to improve this.

Hello Marrick. Thank you for making ADT Tools 2. I have everything downloaded and just want to synch my smart things home monitor with my smart things ADT. I am very new to smart things. Do I just need to go into ADT tools 2 and select maintain synchronization true and select my arm delay? Or is there a step I am missing?

You will also need to select your ADT panel so that it knows what alarm to look for status changes from. Keep in mind this only works with SHM installed from the classic app. The new app has a different version of SHM and does not use the same item for status

If you dont mind me asking why are you trying to keep SHM. Part of what I was trying to do was create a migration path to ADT. Is there something I can add to help you with that.

Great thank you Mavvrick this is very helpful. I would rather just use one hub the smart things ADT. I recently purchased the ADT hub to see how it compared to my ismart alarm system and so I can use action tiles on a few old tablets. Originally I was going to try and see if I could get the smartthigs and ismart alarm to synch- if I set one to alarm they both will arm etc. I have action tiles on a few old tablets and was hoping to incorporate these into alarm panels so I can arm/disarm from various levels of the house without always using my phone. I guess the only real disappointment I am seeing from ADT is the round about ways you have to go in to automate their ADT specific devices. I see why they do this on a safety side for if you are using it with their adt services. Your smart app helps a lot just adds a few more steps, more options than the ismart alarm

Sorry Marrick one more question was able to get the ADT tools but when I go to run it I get an error message device network ID must be unique.