Adding Nest to SmartThings

(jkp) #11

Make sure there are no empty spaces before/after that URL in your Nest Developer Account.

(Yves Racine) #12

There is an alternative where you don’t need to create a complicated developer account setup:

However it costs. NST Manager is free and the free support for it here in this forum is exceptional.

(Yves Racine) #14

Yeah sure, but for all Nest users out there, time is money… And, they may not want to have issues with state variables later on and lose their oauth credentials…

Have there been issues in the past, yes. Solved now and working just fine. Have there been issues with APIs changing on you and you pointing-out to your users it’s not your issue, yes. At least in the case of the NST Manager many people came to the forefront to help resolve the issues, for free.

So what’s your point again?

(Yves Racine) #16

The state variables issue will come back after a while as the only way to solve it is to reinstall the DTHs and service manager:

My design doesn’t rely on some extensive use of state variables, so there’s no need for support from the start…

Again, we’ll all know that time is money and reliability is key…

Good luck with your free solutions…

(Jeff) #17

Thank you for your replies. Is there a quick guide or video on how to do this? I’ve spent all day trying to figure out how to setup this thing and am about to give up. I’m surprised there really isn’t any videos or guides online. Thanks.

(Yves Racine) #18

How much do you value your time? With my MyNextManager, you don’t need to create a developer account and set up different permissions… BTW, if you make some mistakes during the process, the DTHs won’t work normally later…

(Jeff) #19

yes I’m interested in using MyNextManager however I’m still not sure how this works. There’s a contribute selection for $20 and then there’s a separate link that says: “link to GitHub”. Do I simply pay the $20 and it guides me on the steps? I’m not really knowledgeable with GitHub.

(Yves Racine) #20

Hi, all the prerequisites and installation steps are described here:

No github integration is required…

The steps should take you less than 10 minutes if you are familiar with ST…

Regards

(Jeff) #21

I purchased it however it’s been downloading for over 10 minutes on my iMac. Does this only work with PC?

(Yves Racine) #22

Did you receive the sellfy download link and click on it? Which browser are you using?

(Jeff) #23

I did it using safari but read after chrome is preferred. I’m doing it on chrome now and it works however I lost 1 of 5 of my downloads due to this

(Yves Racine) #24

Not a problem, it will be reset

(Jeff) #25

The setup instructions state an email with a code will be sent to me. I’ve only received my PayPal receipt and a thank you message with the download link. Did I miss it?

(Yves Racine) #26

You’ll get the code by clicking on the sellfy download link inserted in the email you’ve already received … It’s a zip file with the code and instructions in a pdf file.

You just need to follow the setup instructions that I sent you in an earlier post in this thread.
That’s it.

P. S. If you aren’t familiar with ST, please refer to the ST community wiki under troubleshooting for additional help on the installation:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_NextServiceMgr#Troubleshooting

(Jeff) #27

I’m a little frustrated. I don’t have a pdf file in my downloads. I have a word document titled InstallationSteps-MyNext Devices. I have text documents with the following titles:

License
MyNextAlarm
MyNextCam
MyNextManager
MyNextTstat
Release notes

That’s all I got with my download. Am I missing something?

(Yves Racine) #28

No, you have everything…

(Jeff) #29

I was able to get it working. Everything is great. The only thing I noticed after adding my devices is that when you rename them it doesn’t replace with that name. Basically you have the original named device and the newly named one. I just deleted the original names I didn’t want. Thanks again. Totally worth $20

(Yves Racine) #30

MyNextManager (service manager) would have deleted the old devices after a while… It’s not immediate though as it polls the devices every 15 minutes by default.

P. S. You may want to post your positive feedback under my thread for other Nest users to see… Just a suggestion here as some community members try to give me bad reviews (even though they don’t use any of my products) b/c I ask for a contribution for my excellent products.

Regards.