Adding Dragon Tech/HomeSeer WD-100 to ST Hub

I have seen a few threads where users discuss using the Dragon WS/WD-100 z-wave plus switches, upgrading firmware etc, but I haven’t seen any that mention how to add these to the ST since they aren’t listed under the Light & Switches section of the ST app. Using the “Start Looking for Things” option on the app isn’t working for me thus far.

Has anyone added these and if so can you share any documentation, steps, etc. you used to get these added to your ST Hub?

Thanks in advance!
David

First, to be clear, the DragonTech and the homeseer are two different devices. Out of the box, the dragontech should work just fine with SmartThings as a generic Z wave switch. The homeseer is more complicated, because it is using central scene commands.

Some people have found an unauthorized firmware update for the in DragonTech on the Internet which will give it the same capabilities as the homeseer. However, obviously the results for that are unpredictable. Even though the two switches appear to be manufactured by the same company, the DragonTech has not been certified for the central scene features.

Anyway, in order to use the more advanced features, You will need to use a custom device type. There are currently two that have been created by the community for the Homeseer devices . One is a simple on/off and the other has more advanced features.

If you haven’t used custom code with SmartThings before, it’s pretty straightforward. Basically you will copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. Here’s the FAQ for that:

Then see the following thread for the code for this specific device:

1 Like

Darwin’s Den has a ST device handler for these switches and dimmers. You can get more info here:

That’s the same one that’s linked to in the thread in the previous post.

1 Like

my bad… sorry! went directly to this thread from a web search.

It’s a good article anyway. :sunglasses:

Please use the thread JD mentioned.