Adding a new User in app v2

Wait it out, buddy! It will come back!

In the meantime, Iā€™ve gotten smarttiles (http://www.smarttiles.click/) set up for my wifeā€™s phone. Set the url as a bookmark to the iPhoneā€™s home screen, and just have her use that instead of the ST app. Then at least my phone can do mobile presence reliably while I set up and test everything and she has the ability to control stuff from her phone.

Iā€™m still fairly confused here. Iā€™ve seen people saying they still have multiple mobile presence sensors working in V2. Is this because they migrated before the feature was ā€œtemporarilyā€ disabled? I have 3 mobile users/presence sensors in my V1 setup. If I set up everything on a new hub, will those other users just be gone with no way to reimport them?

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone has more than one user

A couple people from this thread say otherwise:

I was able to add my wife to my v2 hub. It wasnā€™t the easiest addition but she is in and controlling things from her phone/account.

They said my users didnā€™t come over fine? :wink:

1 Like

Can you explain how you have added her?

Yes that was the reference, but I said people because I am sure there are some top women working on it as well.

1 Like

Likely he already had multiple users before the migration. If you bring your users over that will work, but if you delete your users you wonā€™t be able to add them back. If you are just starting with v2, the option to add users is disabled.

I described the process in a post earlier this week so it shouldnā€™t be too far down the list of posts. If you read it and have any questions Iā€™d be happy to answer.

I am curious because I would really like this to work.

Your posts are a little vague on a few points but you do say that you migrated to the new hub. Was that from a v1 hub?

Did your wife have an account on that hub already?

Yes I migrated to v2 from v1 and yes she had an account on v1 which is probably why it worked going to v2. As I mentioned, it wasnā€™t the easiest add but it worked.

So just to be precise, has anyone that did not migrated from V1 been able to add a new user to the account?

If so, please explain process?
If not then, can someone from ST give us ab estimate ob when will this be fixed?

Seceral weeks Before V2 was release, ST staff had new hubs for weeks in order to test them. I find it hard to believe this didnā€™t came up and is only niw been address.

No. They have disabled the ability to add secondary user accounts temporarily. There is not a work around to adding a user.

Also having this problem. New customer and a bit dissapointed.

top. men.

lol

well they had to nuke my old account as i couldnā€™t delete any items. i was left with a huge list of ā€œthings?ā€ 5 days later they were happy to report they were all gone, unfortunately tier 1 had already set my new hub under a completely different email account so nothing is able to transfer.

I know, itā€™s a little frustrating since I canā€™t really use the location features until everyone in the house has an account. Iā€™m new to the platform and it seems cool and very extensible, but I havenā€™t been watching long enough to get a sense for development pace/release cycles. Fingers crossed!

I am 100% sure that users/contacts will definitely come with a Big Bang as itā€™s the base of any of automation. We just need be a little patient! :wink: meanwhile I am not sharing my address. No stones thrown my way! I am sure it is coming!