Adding a new User in app v2

Another thanks here also, my alarm set all by itself this morning when everyone left the house. Sweet!!!

1 Like

Good to know! So if you remove them before they respond to their Invitation, you should be OK. That would solve most fat finger problems.

The only issue is if they responded and already signed in, I don’t think it kicks them out if you remove them, it just doesn’t let them sign in again. Or am I wrong on that?

On IOS, hold down on the user and slide to the left.

1 Like

Not seeing 2.05 on the IOS App Store. Did something change?

The update was for Android.

1 Like

For once iOS users got beaten and the androids got the next version earlier. :slight_smile:

An IOS update was not required for this function to work, it just started working yesterday, so I assume it was an internal system update. IOS app was updated earlier.

Great, there goes my hope that my issues might go away or at least get better with a new app version after their platform upgrade. Screwed again, back to issues non stop. I guess I should be somewhat happy that I had about a month of a reliable system after my migration. I guess all good things must come to an end, even short good things. Back to ST being mostly worthless.

Unfortunate it still doesn’t work right. When I am away my phone shows me as present.

I had the same issue when I left for the first time after adding my wife’s phone under her own account.

I shut my phone off for 5 minutes and a few minutes after powering it on, my presence updated to Away.

Hopefully it will be a one-time fix.

Just successfully added invited my wife and she confirmed it worked. I just switched to an iPhone 6S+ yesterday and my wife has an LG G4.

1 Like

Yep, think I got the same with my GFs phone which we logged into her own account yesterday. Time for some testing! Though just find a better way to phrase “please go away, I need to test something” to the other half :smile:

1 Like

I once stupidly tried that with the better half by carrying her phone and mine as well to test this functionality couple of months back leaving her at home. And you can well imagine what happened when the house went into away mode with her inside and sirens. No dinner for me that night and no “honey” talk! :wink:

2 Likes

We’ve been married for a few years, so I just say “Gimme your phone”. LOL.

On a serious note, when we came home the presence of both of our phones worked.

2 Likes

It should work as long your mobile presence detection is solid. I have had very few failures in months. One failure was because missus was on the phone as she entered the geofence. Verizon! Solution was to warn her that talking while driving and entering that street may trigger alarms. She bought it and never did that again.

I didn’t investigate properly and I may have just not checked properly but I think today it never showed my GFs phone as ‘away’ even though she was literally miles away for the entire day.

Adding my wife and mobile presence is working well. Thanks SmartThings developers for putting up with all of the curmudgeons on this and other threads.

Does this make them a “full” user? It would be great if I could give my family members (who occasionally visit) “presence” but not give them the ability to turn my lights on/off, etc.

My wife is a full user (who carried over from hub v1)

I read in another thread that there is a downside by using the native ST presence. Apparantly if you upgrade your phone you have to redo all your routines and apps. Your existing ST presence profile doesn’t automagically sync with the new phone. Now, if you only upgrade your phone every few years this may not be a big deal but others tend to upgrade to a new phone once a year or sometimes even sooner. Just imagine the amount of time it would take to remove your old presence profile from all your routines and apps and have to re-add it again.

I think one way to get around this issue is to use Life360 for presence. This way Life360 does recognize that you’re using a new phone and ST will work seamlessly and you save yourself the agony of having to re-configure all the routines and apps.

Yesterday I dropped my iPhone and the screen shattered, I went into Apple and got a new phone. I erased the old phone and once I restored from iCloud on the new phone everything was working as previously. I didn’t have to re-do any settings/configs in ST other than logging back into Life360 & ST app on the new phone.

I think when you use the native ST presence profile it creates a unique device signature that is tied to that particular phone, so when you upgrade your phone you have to create a new presence profile then add it to all your routines and apps. Since I use Life360 it handles the unique device signature and ST simply has a pointer to the Life360 user so that might explain why I didn’t have to do anything in ST after I replaced my broken phone.

Anyways, thought this might help others out there as I was prepared to re-do all my routines and apps after I replaced my broken phone, but to my surprise it worked flawlessly. There could be an upside in using Life360 and not the native ST presence users.

Seems like one thing gets fixed another gets broken! Added my son and his iPhone and added him to routines of when everyone leaves to shut garage, lock doors and turn off lights. He was gone this morning when I left as he stayed at friends, so with both mobile presence sensors away and both add to the automated good bye to trigger when everyone is away nothing happened
 It was finally working again