##Integrate Your Honeywell or Ademco Alarm Panel Into Your SmartThings Physical Graph##
ADT / Honeywell / Ademco / Vista / Alarm / SmartThings / Alarm Panel / Home Alarm
###A project by Stan Dotson and Michael Ritchie###
Wish you could use your existing home alarm sensors with SmartThings? Do you hate the hassle arming your panel and having to rush to disarm? Wish you could control your alarm panel on our smartphone but dont want to pay the higher monthly service bill? Do you want to install another keypad and don’t want to deal with your alarm company? Do you have an alarm panel and never use it?
This is a relatively simple project that effectively integrates your Honeywell or Ademco alarm panel with SmartThings. These panels are typically installed by ADT or other alarm companies. Its your choice whether you still want to continue or cancel your ADT monitoring service. This project works either way.
After installing this project, control of your alarm panel becomes intuitive and automagic!
- Arm and disarm your system directly from your mobile device
- Monitor the status of your home alarm zones (up to 39 zones)
- Activate a PANIC alarm from your smart phone or other integrated device
- Use Goodbye and Welcome Home modes to arm your panel after everyone has left the house, and have it disarm when someone arrives.
- Use automation to turn on your alarm when you go to bed and turn off when you wake up
Control your alarm panel via your smartphone, Alexa or a MiniMote or activate from other sensors or devices.
- Use your smartphone, Alexa or Minimote to send a panic alarm when there is danger.
Integrate all your existing home alarm sensors as virtual sensors in SmartThings. You can then link them to other automations
- Turns your entire alarm panel into a virtual sensor that can be monitored by SmartThings Home Monitor. This provides an alternative to use Scout as you home monitoring solution instead of your existing service.
- Immediately get alerts if alarm is triggered via notifications and text messages. Even see them on your Apple watch!
- There are many more integration ideas posted on our project forum.
- This project is supported by a community that has been active for over 2 years
- Simple to construct using an ArduinoMega, ThingShield and AD2Pi logic board
###View Active Zones###
###Check Your Recent History###
###Preferences Page To Enter Your Alarm Code And Customize Your Experience###
All of the code for the project and step by step instructions can be found on github. We have also included easy to follow detailed instructions to complete the project. This is one of our most used SmartThings integrations. Once its been set up, managing your home security is effortless.
- Lots of good ideas from SmartThings @craig, @obycode and @Vassilis
- Thanks to @ogiewon and his son for contributing the ST_Anything version of the SmartThings library that provides full support for the Arduino Mega. You guys rock!
- Thanks to Sean Matthews from AlarmDecoder for jumping in to help out with the AD2Pi integration and @kevin_nutech for contributing support to the community.
- Thanks for Community members for sharing their questions and suggestions. Your participation and feedback made the project stronger!!!