ActiON Dashboard 4.6.3 is here! (Now SmartTiles.click)

Maybe you can already do this but can you add a garage button so we can control and see if it is open or closed. like on the door/lock page of the smart things app. Thanks

@pstuart

I have one for you. I have a DB Power IP Cam and a Cellphone which I converted into a security cam by installing an “IP Webcam” app on it. Both work via the ActiOn Dashboard tiles which I entered the appropriate addresses; when at home.

So my question is:

How do I forward the two IPs for the cameras so I can access them from the world outside of my house? (I already setup IP forwarding on my router.)

Shot in the dark here, but would anyone know how to get a first gen iZon (Stem) camera working on the dashboard?

I confirmed the IP and ran iSpy, but it doesn’t find any URLs to try. I’m a little surprised it wasn’t on iSpy’s list of cams given that these were an Apple Store favorite in the media for having poor security.

I don’t understand the question, if you already set up IP forwarding on your router, then you should be able to access them. If it isn’t working, then you didn’t set it up correctly.

You can create two tiles, one for contact sensor, once for push button, and put then next to each other.

There is a doorControl capability, are there any devices that actually use it? I think people mostly have contact sensor and push button combos…

I am talking about this button is that what you are talking about with door control?

1 Like

Yeah, which is a combo of contact sensor plus momentary switch, not an actual doorContol device.

But there is no way to make it one tile? Ok thanks

I will add it to my “to do” list. But it’s long…

1 Like

Hopefully the chamberlain integration is coming soon!!! :wink:

And Alex, it’s been said a bunch before…but thanks for all the hardwork, it’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

You can add it to the bottom for me. just was wondering if it was possible. would be nice to have but I am sure there are other items that would be better to have. Thanks for all the hard work. on of the main reasons I got ST is because of this dashboard. Thanks again.

Sorry for that. I want to know how to format the address in order to access my device?

Ex: http://[WAN IP]/[Local Network IP] : [Port]

Doesn’t work that way. I suggest you Google port forwarding setup for your router. Way off topic and has security implications so I can’t walk you through it.

I have 6 cameras, 4 of which are Foscam which work well within Action4. The problem is the other 2 cameras. One is a d-link while the other a Panasonic. When I first load ActiON4 these two cameras do not display (in its place is a broken image icon). Here is the funny part. All I need to do is right-click on the camera tile and select “Copy image URL”, paste it into a address box of my chrome browser. Now when I “refresh” ActiON4, that camera appears as normal. Do the same for the other camera and all 6 cameras now appear. After about 1-2 days (not really sure on timeframe) these 2 cameras are again “broken”. Repeat the copy, paste, refresh for each camera and I am good to go for the next few days. Any thing that could be done to automate this?

This dashboard is amazing!!!

I’ve been playing wit the CSS and all the help has been huge!

I’m an amature coder at best. So hopefully this question isn’t too stupid.

<div class="icon Home"><i class="fa fa-home"></i></div>

I want to add a few more icons for modes that i have. I’m 99% sure it’s a matter of adding more of these lines into the code and modifying a check later in the script. Where I’m struggling is “fa fa-home” isn’t a URL as I can tell and I don’t fully understand how to modify this to provide new icons.

can anyone help?

I figured out the icon list. If anyone else is interested:

http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/#chart

However, when I add additional modes outside of the 3 default they don’t hide correctly. I can’t seem to find where they are being hidden / shown.

Any help :smile:?!

@k3v0 - Maybe you figured this out already. Any chance there’s a way to click on the generic video stream and have it go full screen or do a pop-up that’s much bigger?

1 Like

Wow! I just figured out how to install this with my own Smartthings. Pretty amazing and I’m sure it will only get better!

Couple questions if someone could help:

1. Being this is a website link basically to control our homes, my wife (the one that is already cautious on me controlling our home from the ST app) now sees ActiON as a website in our browser. What are the security risks in this? Can someone find our ‘website’ and really mess with us?

2. I’ve created a shortcut in ST to turn all lights on (like a master switch), how do I create a tile in ActiON to do this as well?

Thanks!

As fas as the security risks, the url has the token and are the keys to the kingdom. If you don’t mind authenticating every time, then that is the better approach. Guard them with your life and take the proper precautions such as clearing your browser history or not saving it, not using it in public or work networks (proxy logs will record the url),etc.

Were is the info so I can add local weather, I couldn’t find it. Thanks.