ActiON Dashboard 4.6.3 is here! (Now SmartTiles.click)

You can’t resize individual box, but you can resize all tiles. See the head post in this thread.

I have it programmed to display icons for standard modes: Home, Away, Night. For any other mode, a text will be displayed.

You should be able to change icons into text with CSS. See a couple of posts above for instructions and examples.

No, it’s not currently possible to change the tile based on weather condition, but in the next release I can add weather condition as a CSS class so that tile color could be changed based on weather.

I thought that people are trying to minimize the number of colors and make it more monochrome. You want more colors? The dashboard design was inspired by Windows 8, but I run out of distinct colors very quickly…

I actually have significantly reduced the amount of colors used. But in the case of weather, I thought that particular tile could convey useful temperature info at a glance by color.

Thanks very much for adding that functionality in future!!!

Yeah, I still like the dashboard, despite that! :grinning:

Soon this will change and you will be able to draw inspiration from anything you like.

I’ll give that a go, thanks!

Same here… I’ve stripped color from most everything except the items that indicate action… such as I may want to turn off a fan or a light and need to be able to glance at the dashboard and identify that. I would use weather in the same fashion, it’s trying to convey to me a reason to look at it.

I’m getting close… the sonos stuff is still a bit wonky as you can see… they don’t all turn green with a play button when grouped, but it’s still better than nothing.

I’ve also started playing with the mjpeg settings for Dropcam hence my 2 feeds from the same camera. Anyone know how often that refreshes?

2 Likes

@625alex I’m no expert in web/scripting so not sure how much I can help you but I did a little research and I came up with these 2 articles that show to execute cross domain URL’s. I hope this is helpful:

http://james.padolsey.com/javascript/cross-domain-requests-with-jquery/

There is summary of something that looks to work:

$('#container').load('http://google.com'); // SERIOUSLY!

$.ajax({
    url: 'http://news.bbc.co.uk',
    type: 'GET',
    success: function(res) {
        var headline = $(res.responseText).find('a.tsh').text();
        alert(headline);
    }
});

In my world of Sencha’s ExtJs, it is JSONP.

This might be a ST limitation. Do you see the correct status within ST Mobile app (device list)?

I did my share of research on cross domain calls and this is not as simple. The server must also be able to support such call.

Anyway, I don’t have hardware to test, so this will have to wait.

okay thanks for looking into it and will wait for you to get around to it.

Duh, I should have looked there! I’m so used to your app I forget to use the original :smile:

I think you’re right… in the ST app it only appears to be reporting status of the main room that the group is associated with (and I assume, the device holding the playback info).

@625alex Great work on this latest Dashboard. Can you help me out a little. I have converted an old cell phone into a ba baby cam. It has a address which I can plug into the browser and it prompts me for user id/pw. How can I add it to the Dashboard? ex: http://ip:port/ I plugged it into the MJPEG location and nothing. All I get is an empty box where the stream would be. The app is IPwebcam for Android.

Your camera might depend on Flash, which is not supported for Chrome. You can try Fire Fox for Android, I heard Flash works. If not, you are out of luck.

I had an idea, not sure if I am the only one that would want this. Is there a way to add last state change to the presence tile? So at a glace I can see the son left for work at 9 or the daughter got home at 4. I know I can look at the app, but on the tile would be nice too.

1 Like

I don’t think we want to clutter the tiles, it’s best to keep the interface simple.

Considering how flaky presence sensors are, that time stamp may not be accurate.

I’m contemplating adding a feature to view event history, although it will be a while before I get to it.

1 Like

A popup with a larger video stream would be great.

Add my +1 vote to that!