ActiON Dashboard 4.6.3 is here! (Now SmartTiles.click)

Hesitated to call it a bug since I did modify your original MJPEG code a bit by adding hyperlink, and changing video and H2 W2 dimensions. Below that I also have some js to refresh only once after 5 seconds do deal with some occasional blank video on load issues I encountered.

Better first confirm @mkaplan2534 did not also modify your video/camera tile code.

Just tested to confirm. In Preferences > Device Order, moving the video tiles does not change video order. However, My video size settings equal tile size so the video covers the tile Title when it loads. For the split second that I can see the tiles before the video overlays, I see the tile Titles appearing in the correct sorted order, but actual video stream loads over those in the order created in MJPEG settings.

If I drag the clock tile into the middle of the video tiles order, the clock tile loads in dashboard first, then all the video tiles. Then when I open the app Preferences > Device Order again, the Clock tile has moved itself above the video tiles in the sort order. It won’t stick when dropped in the middle of the video tiles.

Yeah, its a bug. (20 damn characters)

Hey @625alex, I sent you a small donation a couple days ago. It’s not much, but I just wanted to show my appreciation for your work :smile:

I know you have higher priorities, but if you get a chance, could you add a tile for shades/blinds? Toggle switches don’t work well because shades can’t be polled properly. The tile would need 3 buttons (like Sonos): Up, Down, and Stop.

Here’s the device type I’m using: https://github.com/NOTashwin/SmartThings/blob/master/somfy_shades.groovy

The only way I modify the code is to learn from the experts on this board.

If it wasn’t for the community, I would have dropped ST the way I did X10 years ago.

Thanks for the information and advice.

I think your issue is cookies. I am also running into the same issue. I will let you know if i figure anything out.

I have created a custom device type for this android ip Webcam app. Let me know if you want to try it. Definately a wip. Eitherway, The address you want is http://username:password@hostname or ip:port/video. I would recommend trying without a username and password as its finicky with it.

Hi @rob_a_landry,

Thanks for the help. I’d like to try this device type. Send it my way and I’ll try it later tonight. This could be useful for others on this thread too. If it pangs out, I’ll create a separate thread for it…As it is a good solution to Generic Camera integration.

1 Like

Installed this for the first time! This is such a great idea. I have a question though. I select preferences and try and customize the tiles and layout, it gives me this error “Oops! Looks like you need to double-check some inputs.” if I go back and just click done without the preferences then it save and works. I have no control over how the dashboard look though. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you had a chance to work on that bug?

I’m also getting this error when saving in IDE even with a fresh copy of your code.

Something broke at ST end. I have a workaround but I don’t have time to support it right now. Stay tuned for the next update in a few days.

1 Like

I just installed the 4.6.3 Dashboard three times in various formats with no errors. I was able to reorder tiles, etc.

@625alex I absolutely love this app and will be donating soon! This really is an integral part of my SmartThings setup now. This give my wife a simple android app (shortcut) to quickly use SmartThings. This is a better way to control smartthings than using the official app. Much faster and totally customizable!!!

Cheers,
Scott

2 Likes

My mode does not display, it just shows a round rectangle with an arrow coming out of it. Any ideas?

That means your are in “Away” mode, some modes have their own icon. Hope this helps

Ah ok, thanks, I just saw many screenshots with text, and I only view this dashboard when I’m away :stuck_out_tongue:

When you are in a custom mode the dashboard will display the name of the mode (text), Day, night, away and other “standard” modes will display a special icon.

Actually, Day is a custom mode. Home is the standard mode.

Apologies if some of these questions have been answered already. I tried searching, but couldn’t quite find the answers. Been using ActiON dashboard and it’s fantastic. Having one issue and a couple questions…

Issue:
I’m seeing an issue when I run the dashboard from my iPad 2 running iOS 8.1.3 where the instance will take up the entire screen, including the iOS “menu bar”. Notice the text on text in the image below. Is there a way around this or is this a bug?

Questions:

1. Is there a way to adjust the temperature from the Dashboard? This would be a killer feature!

2. Anyone know how to make the dashboard go full screen on Android? I’m still seeing Chrome tabs when I run it from the home screen.

Thanks so much!

Here’s my ghetto tablet mounting solution. Push pins! :smiley: I suck at taking pics so this is my best one. The colors are from @swindmiller CSS overrides.

I’m editing the dimmer colors next to make it more uniform, also need a better way to mount that camera that’s looking at the front door, right now it’s behind the window glass.

2 Likes

I use firefox and the full-screen addon.

@keithcroshaw, @jtarangom
Home, Away and Night are standard modes. They have icons. Anything else is text based.

@ultrazero
Did you modify the CSS in any way? I haven’t seen this before.

Very popular question. The answer is yes, in a few days.

What’s your Android version? I never observed this even on old tablets on Android 2.3.

@eibyer
Themes are coming soon. You won’t have to touch the code anymore.

2 Likes