AC usage device - exists?

I don’t know of any smart switches that can handle a fan motor that don’t require a neutral. Certainly none that are UL listed. :thinking:

As far as inline devices monitoring current draw, sure, there are lots of devices to do that. Again, you need to make sure that it matches the motor specs, but it should certainly be doable. Shelly plus 1 PM should be a good candidate, I think it reports the power usage to SmartThings in an actionable way, but verify that before purchasing. I know the Shelly Smart plug does.

https://www.shelly.com/en-us/products/shop/shelly-plus-1-pm-ul

If you use the official integration, it will be cloud cloud, but there’s also a community edge driver, which can give you local integration if that’s what you want, as long as you have a SmartThings/aeotec hub

Edge Shelly drivers for Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

The Aeotec HEM that was already mentioned is another possibility, but it goes at the circuit box, and measures the entire circuit, which didn’t sound like what you wanted. Also, it’s much more expensive: simple relays with energy monitoring like the Shelly should be under $30.

As always, it would help to know the brand and model of the ceiling fan so we know what the draw is. :thinking: