SmartThings Community

About the Schedules & Automations category

(Ben Edwards) #1

Talk about a scenario, find a SmartApp, discuss all things SmartApps here!

(Mike S) #2

Ben,

I’ve been a ST user for about a month now and in general I like your product. But I’ve got one big complaint (unfortunately, it’s the same complaint that I have about most tech products today): your USER documentation is basically nonexistent. You have bits and pieces of how to use ST scattered around your website but there isn’t any place that a (non-technical) user can go to to find out what he needs to know to get the maximum return on the investment that ST requires.

Just one example: you have a very nice list of SmartApps and some pretty good instructions for creating same. But I can’t find anywhere that tells me how to install one of these SmartApps on my Hub.

And a second: right now I’m trying (unsuccessfully) to pair a Scalage FE599 lockset to my system. I just happened to stumble across an “Application Note”, buried at the bottom of the SmartSetup portion of your control App. There was nothing that I could find anywhere on your site or otherwise that told me what I needed to do to initiate the pairing process from the lockset end of the equation. Had I not scrolled all of the way down in that Setup screen and then wondered what an Application Note was, I would not have found the instructions that I need to get my lock working (which it isn’t).

You have a great product and service. And some really good support people. But like so many companies out there today, you aren’t giving your users the info that they need to really receive the full advantage of what you offer.

(Ben Edwards) #3

Thanks Mike - I am not sure how I missed this. Sorry.

Have you seen our support pages? There is a lot of info on there including:

and

OK, I just want a simple solution to a simple request, please. When I arrive, I would like my presence to be detected and then my front lights to be turned on but only during the night time hours. One would think this would be easy to do, but I’ve tried Core and some other automation but can’t find anything that works reliably. My phone is a presence device and my front lights have a smart switch, so the elements are in place but not the logic.

Any suggestions would be welcome…

Dan

(Dana) #5

I am brand new to the ST community and I’m trying to find out where I can get a list (by category) of all community created smartapps? Many thanks everyone and happy holidays!

(Mark C) #6

Smart lighting… i have a fibro motion and light sensor which switchs on the bath room light when its under 30 lux and of 2 min after motiin stops… but the room is over 30lux with the light on so the off bit dosnt run. Any advice??

Ben,
Looking for an easy way to sense when a door has been left open at sunset, i.e. using the door sensor switch. I can find a way when the door switch changes state…opens or closes. But not when “nothing” has happened, i.e. the door is just open and I’d like to know that it is open, let’s say, after it gets dar,.
Thanks.

(Matthew Green) #8

Have you tried Stringify? This is what I used for just about everything. In Stringify you would just say [if motion is detected] [when it is night time] [turn on front lights]. It would take you seconds to do this. You could then extend it to turn off the front lights 15 minutes later or if no motion has been detected for 30 minutes etc.