Abode contact sensors replacing ST (Iris) sensors

Well sure.

The post was to theorize and to get the communities opinion on the matter. “Could” it be done?

Hell, I only have 3 Abode contact sensors and none of which are tied to ST ( to keep HA and security separate). I still need to get the remaining 8 Abode contact sensors.

I figured, doing it this way (virtually), Im really not tying the security side directly into HA, since the sensors will only be directly connected to the Abode hub. Is my logic correct?

2 Likes

So if Abode door is opened THEN (maker screenshot)

How is this filled out? Quick rundown?

You had to go with the one that a little more complicated, didn’t you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats the only option I have!

When I logged into IFTTT from my desktop and started creating a new Applet, I chose Abode for the “IF” (door opened) and Maker for the “THEN”, and was greeted with that lil guy!

In fewer words:
Get your dashboard link
replace dashboard with /ifttt/[eventName]
Set Maker to POST request with JSON content type.

I know, was just joking with you…The easier one is the outgoing synchronization :slight_smile: But incoming synchronization is not that bad once you get your dash link

From CoRE to IFTTT?

If I could only have my phone with me at work…

One URL but have individual EventName’s to be called from/by the same URL?

Yes…one for open and one for closed:

?https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/token/-451d-b82b/smartapps/installations/6de1-4f98-b845/ifttt/contact1_open?

?https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/token/-451d-b82b/smartapps/installations/6de1-4f98-b845/ifttt/contact1_closed?

no ? question marks

Get it.

Guess Ill need to get my phone and get into CoRE and see whats up with the IFTTT Maker integration.

If I can do it without creating virtual devices as stated here: [quote=“JDRoberts, post:13, topic:65426”]
That’s why you don’t need the virtual switch
[/quote]

I think I can accomplish what I want.

I truly believe my brain is over complicating this for me.

Well you do need to sit down and take your time setting up the first one. The first one will be tricky. But once you get it, the rest of them will be smooth sailing.

1 Like

The easy way, where you just call the action “windowsOpen” only works in the “If” portion of IFTTT.

Since the Abode devices arent in ST, I’ll either have to do this the hard way (screenshot above) or make virtual devices for each window/door and tie them to Abode via IFTTT first.

I don’t know what the hard way needs. Im not a programmer and dont know “post, get, etc” or whats needed in the “body” section…

Using this example, replacing dashboard with /ifttt/WindowsOpen, what type of method would I use? POST?

What is the content type? JSON?

What would go in the body?

For my “windows open, hvac off” piston, Id have to essentially make it 2 pistons. One for when any window opens, and another when all windows closed, following the same idea as above with the /ifttt/WindowsClosed

Just doing a sanity check. The post linked by @SBDOBRESCU is a bit confusing when it calls for “ingredients of the if event into the Maker request body, CoRE can import those into variables.”

All you need is the url

Method is POST
Content is: application/json
Body leave empty

Yes, you need two recipes, ine for open one for closed

1 Like

I hear your frustration. See my post above. Once you have one running, it will get easier…

@Turb02 PM if you get stuck or need more help

1 Like

I just tested it with a Bloom my wife hates.

If Abode door sensor is opened
Then (My URL with event name)

Piston in Core:
If EventName via IFTTT
Then turn on bloom and set color.

IT WORKED!

Now that I understand what the screenshot above needs, this should be rather simple. I just have to get the remaining Abode sensors and I ‘should’ be set! Itll take me a while to recreate my pistons using this method, but isnt impossible.

WAF will skyrocket because of only needing one sensor on the doors and windows and lower cost to operate (less batteries)!

Thank you both so much for baby-stepping me through this! @SBDOBRESCU & @JDRoberts

2 Likes

Now that you are expert, do your outgoing synchronization. When ST in away set Abode to away. All you need is

iIF mode changes
THEN sent IFTTT away

On IFTTT when MAKER runs with away
THEN change Abode

No url no methods just matching names

1 Like

Hey @Turb02 thanks for challenging me yesterday :slight_smile: I now have a door chime, a notification with colored bulbs and autolock at 60 min for my front door, all within one Piston… @ady624 's CoRE rocks!

3 Likes