[OBSOLETE] ABC - Advanced Button Controller

Thanks Paul, I found it.
Do you use the classic or new smartthings mobile app. I’ve installed both on my galaxy s9.
I find that the hue dimmer device responds better with the classic.
On the new one the app thinks it’s offline, but if I go to the classic app it’s ok and working.

Anthony

I use the classic app as I find the new one is not 100% compatible but I am working on getting it working so you can use either in the future.

Regards

Paul

Hi, one unexpected behaviour that I am experiencing is with the ABC Toggle function. I have a 5 button Tradfri with a simple toggle setup for the centre button for all lights in my lounge and dining room. The issue arises with the physical (non-smart) light switch in the dining room controlling 3 Tradfri bulbs and when the bulbs are powered off (still training the family!) the toggle OFF function for the remaining lights works just fine but toggle ON does not.

Any idea what is happening, I’m guessing that there is a problem with Smartthings knowing the state of the Tradfri bulbs?

Not a disaster but interested to understand what’s happening and if there could be a fix/workaround - other than removing or putting tape over the light switch!

Regards, John

John

It is unfortunately one of those thigs as the switch has a battery backup and the bulbs don’t.

I’m in the uk and have covered my switches with a printed cover that my Hue Dimmers sits in, yes the switches are still available if the remote is removed (full covered ones are available) but it does negate the problem on those lights where the dimmers are static.

You can get the same 3d printed covers for Tradfri switches like this one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4006918

You may even find examples to purchase on Etsy or similar sites.

If your in the UK I may be able to print one for you if needed

Regards

Paul

2 Likes

Hi @Paul_Sheldon, any idea what might be going wrong with the colour temp adjustments? It looks like it’s not reading in the initial colour temp value, so it’s unable to adjust a null value. Thoughts?

When I press the middle button on the Pico (after I map it) it also turns on the light for the room (switch that it is assigned to) is there a way to have the middle pico only complete an action without turning on the light?

I’ll look into that ASAP and upload a corrected version. Apologies for delay in replying

Unfortunately I don’t have a Pico remote which was in the code when I took over. If you send me the model number of your remote I will see if it’s worthwhile purchasing. I normally use Philips Hue as there are cheaper.

Hi Paul! These are the ones I have! THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO FOR OUR COMMUNITY! https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Caseta-Wireless-Smart-Lighting-Dimmer-Switch-and-Remote-Kit-for-Wall-and-Ceiling-Lights-White-P-PKG1W-WH-R/206754146?MERCH=REC--pipsem--204718223--206754146--N

@Paul_Sheldon

Is there any way to copy the configuration from one device to another? I have a room that has a 4 way light switch setup and I’d like them all to act the same, and I’m hoping there’s a way to just copy the config and change the button device for each switch.

Any help here?

@Paul_Sheldon Hi! I’ve sucessfully added the ABC master to my IDE (directly from your GitHub), and then to the ST Classic app, but when I go to “new button device mapping” it gives me an error every time.

Do you have any insight into what’s going wrong?

Edit: When I’ve tried to set it up in the “new” app, it wouldn’t connect. And when I have it set up in classic, and then go new, it shows. But accessing gives me a forever spinning “connecting” icon

I have the WD100+ dimmer installed with Darwin’s handler, and I’m trying to get set up through your controller. Thanks!

Hi

Just a quick check. Did you add both the master (publish) and child (leave unpublished) app to your IDE. Not adding the child app can give that error message.

Regards

Paul

Ah, thank you! I had, but removed it. I confused “do not publish” with “does not belong in my IDE”.

Edit: And things are working perfectly! Thank you

Thanks for a tremendous work.
An option to “Go back to previous track” for Speakers is great for me.

I am using it with the IKEA Tradfri 5 Button Dimmer.
The button hold function does not work. Any ideas to fix that?

If you go here https://github.com/paulsheldon/SmartThings-PS/issues and add an issue I will take a look for the next update after the one due out in a few days

That should be in the version due to be released in the next few days if the device has the capability, only tested with Sonos at present but willing to review if not working for other devices

1 Like

Greetings,

I love ABC manager very much. Thank you for maintaining this for us. How do I go about updating it? Do I delete the smart app and re-post the new code in IDE?

Thank You, Don’t delete the app as that will delete all your mappings too.

You can either use GitHub to do you update – see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-hR5rTYO4 for example

Or

Just edit the ABC Manager code in the IDE and delete the existing code and paste the new code on top. Then publish the app.

Do the same for the child app but don’t publish it.

Using the GitHub integration is easiest as you can see the status of all the apps and device handlers in the IDE

I have some smart window shades by Leviosa that I am trying to integrate with ABC. However, they are not showing up in the shades section. I’m guessing because they are not properly being identified to Smartthings as window shades. Is there a way to manually give a type to a device added to smartthings?

Thanks
Nate