[OBSOLETE] ABC - Advanced Button Controller

Paul, the new version seems to work! thanks for taking a look at it. I appreciate your time and help!

1 Like

In the new version, you may have to resave button settings for any that are using the dim functions. If you find a button no longer works then just resave that button.

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to use the app for basic light functions and it’s not cooperating…

When I add a “new button device mapping” in ABC Manager it creates/configures it fine, however the entry shows up as “ABC Child Creator” instead of the proper name, doesn’t actually work and you can’t click on it, it always displays “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again”. Like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

If I add an ABC Child Creator smartapp directly, bypassing the manager, it works for the first app, showing up as a functional entry and does what it’s supposed to… but not for any additional ones, they all get stuck on the “Next” screen which is not clickable, I have to kill the whole SmartThings app. Like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Using a Galaxy S9 with the new SmartThings app, the old app is long gone and not available.
Any known issues? What else can I do?

EDIT: looked at log, it’s failing as so:
uuid 6:51:03 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘sub’ on null object @line 227 (doCall)
line 227: def prefSubValue = settings[prefDetail.sub + numType] ?: “(!Missing!)”

EDIT2: added a bit of logging:
7:22:12 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘sub’ on null object @line 231 (doCall)
7:22:12 PM: debug prefDetail: null
7:22:12 PM: debug prefDevice: : 15
7:22:12 PM: debug prefDetail: [id:dimPlus_, sOrder:6, desc:Brightness +, comm:lightDimUp, sub:lightDimP_, type:hasSub, secLabel:Dimmers (Increase Level By), cap:capability.switchLevel, sTitle:Increase by, sDesc:0 to 15]
7:22:12 PM: debug prefDevice: : LIGHT: Cave
7:22:12 PM: debug preferenceNames: [dimPlus_1_pushed:[LIGHT: Cave], lightDimP_1_pushed:15]
7:22:12 PM: debug bNum: 1, type: _pushed

EDIT3:
Ok, I fixed it, by adding if (prefDetail != null) {} around whatever code that’s trying to dereference the null object, both in def buttonEvent() and in def getDescDetails(). Perhaps you can add this to the handler in case other devices do this crap…

Ok, I might have been doing this wrong, I was selecting the button directly, instead of going into the device, then selecting the button inside it… the way above only worked for button 1, not any of the rest. I hate how ST displays multiple versions of same controllers, argh…

Question: is there handling of double or triple clicking in ABC? I see only push and hold, but this Fibaro remote supports more…

Hi,

I’m going to uninstall both my main & child apps to see if I get the same problem on a new build. I’ll let you know

Paul

1 Like

I have started work on a complete code check/tidy within the develop & feature branches of the Github repo.

Feel free to try them out and please report any problems to me.

I have taken the big step of deleting all of my child apps so non of my automation works until I have tested each and every option that is available (where devices are available)

I hope to get this completed in the next 7-10 days

Regards

Paul

2 Likes

@Paul_Sheldon Increase and decrease level on Dimmers and Light Colour Temperature are no longer working. I can create on and off actions no problem.
I use to have increase and decrease before working flawlessly.
Where can I find older version of ABC?

HI, I’m working on the rest of the code today so keep checking the develop branch as I will release there when each function has been tested

Please try the code from the develop branch in ide and try again

If you find any non-working settings please let me know.

This will be the new version sent to master if no faults are found by 2021-07-09T23:00:00Z

You may have to update some mappings due to slight code improvements

@Paul_Sheldon Both Dimmer and Color Temperature work fine, however when you open one of mappings they show message Not Configured, even that they are.

Is there any way to add “Light Colour Temp (Set to)” to be able to set up specific light temperature for example, if button Pressed set 4100K, if button Held set to 2700K. Also if that is possible, probably setting specific RGB colour would be possible too.

The Light Colour Temp (Set To) should be ok to add.

RBG colour is that by name or R,G,B values?

Can you send me the model number of the Zooz Scene Button please and a image of it if possible., the not configured is due to the app not knowing the names of each button, i.e top, top middle, button1 etc.

I can add these if I know what they are

Hi looks good this version solved my issues with fresh install that didn’t work from the master codebase could create new mappings with working child mappings now and dimmer increase and decease also work tested with ikea 5 button.

PS Ability to set colour would be really good i would like name but happy with RGB.

1. Zooz Scene Controller ZEN32
    Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Scene Controller Switch ZEN32 - The Smartest House
    There is User manual on the bottom of the page

Main Switch

One of the 4 buttons

2. Ecosmart Remote
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EcoSmart-60-Watt-Equivalent-A19-SMART-LED-Light-Bulb-Tunable-White-Starter-Kit-1-Bulb-A9A19A60WESDZR1/310288335
    SKU# 310288335

Buttons are 1.On/Off, 2. Brightness, 3. Light Temperature, and 4. Memmory. There is officiall DTH that @broderickcarlin created.
    EcoSmart Zigbee Remote
    This is how device looks like

Buttons 2 and 3 can have Hold attribute, but it was removed in official DTH

When remote is added to ST, it looses original intended functions, as is added as 4-button remote, but i can gain those functions back with ABC, and make it even better.

Product manual
https://docs.google.com/gview?embedded=true&url=https://images.thdstatic.com/catalog/pdfImages/56/562a2e88-f1d6-4c50-8e02-82ffa1fb39de.pdf&adobe_mc=TS%3D1625677302|MCMID%3D65075359904309754788890531748659154763|MCORGID%3DF6421253512D2C100A490D45%40AdobeOrg&appsFlyerId=1625676355462-6056198550749586745

Thank you

1 Like

RGB Colour in ST is handled differently in SmartLighting and new Automations

SmartLightning

Automations

Anything is better than none, RGB or names
Also names are different for each RGB/CCT bulb/controller, as they are set in DTH

My choice would be entering values over choosing names as that gives you ability to fine tune your needs

2 Likes

Just wanted to offer some feedback to your generous efforts with ABC Button Controller.

I had tried this app in the past, but never had much luck having things work, but after installing your DEV version and Child app, everything has been working very well.

Like Milan, I’m using it with Ecosmart remotes, and they work beautifully. The only thing I’ve noticed is the “Button not configured” message at the header of each button, and I’m sure that’s just a matter of cleaning things up.

If I could offer a single suggestion for future consideration, it would be to have a minimum and maximum brightness/level option, as some devices will fizzle out early on the lower end, while others max out in the mid range, and often both.

Thanks, so much!

2 Likes

Hi,

I set this up yesterday. 2 questions

1. does this work with Zen Switches that have scenes or the Zen 32 scene controller?

2. I setup Sonos - I see the speakers as devices, I can add to Smarthings Speaker companion smart app BUT I do not see the speakers here. What do I do?

If the buttons for those scenes are exposed to SmartThings, via a custom DH or otherwise, it will.

You won’t see all devices available to select as the button device, particularly a Sonos that AFAIK doesn’t have any button capability. I don’t see my Sonos either, FWIW.

@Vishlance Zen32 works flawlessly, however it shows “Not Configured” message, even that is all set correctly. My understanding is that @Paul_Sheldon will be adding support for this Scene Controller soon. We just need to be patient. Otherwise ZEN32 works