[OBSOLETE] ABC - Advanced Button Controller

Hi, You should be able to control your Sonos with any button for track next/prev, mute, volume etc.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t need to do this as I control my Sonos with a SharpTools dashboard, but I did notice after reading this thread that neither of my Sonos’s at two locations is exposed to ABC. Not sure if this makes a difference, but I am still using the old Sonos app as I have a couple legacy devices that are not compatible with the newer Sonos app.

1 Like

Can’t seem to install ABC controller in the new ST app. I’ve installed the master and child as per the install instructions and they populate on my ST Groovy IED under MySmartApps, but not on my phone app. I can’t get it to populate in my android ST app. I tried to use the classic to install it on my phone app but classic won’t load at all now. How do I get ABC into the new APP without classic?

1 Like

I have same challenge…looking forward how to solve

1 Like

I don’t have an answer to help you; ABC Manager shows up under Automation → SmartApps (scroll down) for my on the new ST Android app for me, but I originally installed it long, long ago.

However, this app will stop working once they turn off Groovy support, which was supposed to happen this year (but looks like it might be delayed). I’d suggest searching for something else to accomplish what you are trying to do rather then spending time trying to get this (or any other Groovy SmartApp) to work. I’d suggest some automation or playing with the Rules API.

(and I no longer use ABC on ST; I use a very similar app on another platform these days)

Maybe this will help: Add SmartApp is not available as an option in the NEW Apps

Yeah this did not help. I am having similar issues with some apps on my IDE not showing up to be installed.

Yeah, this did not help. I am having similar issues with some apps on my IDE not showing up to be installed.

Hi, Sorry its been a while but really busy at work and trying to fit everything in with Chronic Fatigue can give me amounts large downtime.

I’m waiting to see what happens going forward with Groovy and SmartThings before I do anything major but happy to look at supporting small bugs etc.

As for installing, I’ve reinstalled in on my phone using the above method and all works well.

1 Like

Hello, I’m fairly new to this, so please bear with me.

I have a Hue dimmer successfully paired with SmartThings. I’ve setup ABC and have assigned a few buttons on said dimmer via ABC, but the button presses don’t do anything. When in the SmartThings app, my dimmer shows as being in Standby and I suspect this is the crux of my issue. Nothing I do seems to do brings the dimmer out of standby. Any ideas?

Sid

Have at least 6 Hue dimmers direct to ST. They all show as “Standby”. But do work via ABC regardless. One suggestion is to go to the Dimmer Device screen in the App and press the option menu, top right of screen, then “Settings”. There is one setting called Button Names - I have this enabled, or “True”. I believe this names each button sepatately rather than ON, OFF, Dim+ and Dim-.

I’m obviously doing something wrong, but not sure what. I tried the following today:

1. removed my dimmer from ST, reset
  2. added dimmer back to ST via the app and device search, its name was reflected as ‘thing’
  3. set the Type to Paul’s ‘Hue Dimmer Switch ZHA’
  4. set the Button Names setting to ‘True’ in the phone app (also tried with setting at ‘False’)
  5. on phone app, via ABC in SmartApps, set button 1 to turn a device ‘on’ with a button press/push for ‘Switches (Turn On)’ and also tried ‘Dimmers (On to Level - Grp 1)’ with a ‘Bright Level’ of 100
    NOTE: I’ve tried controlling both Hue and non-Hue bulbs.

Unfortunately, nothing happens. The dimmer notification light doesn’t even come on reflecting a button press (maybe that doesn’t happen with this setup). The dimmer does show as “connected” in the app now,but based on your reply that may be irrelevant.

Is there further information I could provide that may help with troubleshooting?

@Brooklyn_Sid What brand are the lights that you want to control?

I have made a switch from DTH to Edge drivers for Hue Remote Dimmer and all my lights. There is Edge driver for Hue Dimmer, and I am using Mariano’s Zigbee Lights driver that has functions that completely replace ABC Manager, and more.
This are the links to treads where you can find links to the channels.

You can get something like what you want really easy, for example increase light level by 10%

Best part, is that Edge drivers run local, and all lights are responding instantly

My setup very similar.
However, when I press abutton I do get a greenish led flash in upper left corner of button 1 (the on button “|”) and two flashes for a Hold.

PS On the device screen in the App the “Standby” changes briefly to “Pressed” on pressing any button.

This worked! Thank you so much.

I’m currently messing around with:
Bulbs - Hue, Yeelight and Lifx (I have some Wyze too, but haven’t installed them anywhere yet)
Plugs - wemo
Switches - Hue Dimmer, Lutron for Hue Aurora dimmer
Motion Sensor - Hue

I’m certainly open to suggestions for other brands. There seem to be so many that it’s a bit overwhelming along with a lot of garbage out there.

Couple of questions:

1. How do I set up a routine where a button press will increase or decrease light level as you have in your example?
  2. In IDE my dimmer shows ‘Cloud’ for the ‘Execution Location’. I assumed it would say ‘Local’ based on your comment regarding Edge drivers running locally. The ‘Type’ also says ‘placeholder’. Did I not install something right?

Hi

1. Placeholder would infer you have yet to tell SmartThings which driver to use for your device.
  2. ABC Controller is currently monitoring the Edge Driver situation to see if there is enough room to provide any additional automation

Kind regards,

Paul

@Paul_Sheldon there is an issue with Edge devices, with button names. It is almost impossible to determine which device’s button is selected, because of how device and buttons are named under Edge drivers. See below, all buttons with just number are Edge devices, and those with device names are DTH

Thank you for the info. I shall look to see what info the Edge devices have. Can you confirm the device name of one of your devices and which device driver you are using,

@Paul_Sheldon this are button devices that I am using

Ecosmart Remote Control
SmartThings stock Edge driver
Invite
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=450930c1-02a6-43d8-adaa-4cbc51027956
Repo

Hue Dimmer Switch

Sengled Dimmer Switch
This driver expose remote as a dimmer switch, not as a button device, even that it is a button remote. Those buttons are not visible in ABC. It has On, Level Up, Level Down, and Off buttons. If you could add Those Dimmer Switch functions, that would be great.

Ikea Remote Dimmer

Zooz Double Switch Dimmer
Edge driver created by @krlaframboise. You would need his invite to his channel

Zooz Scene Controller
Still on Groovy DTH.