[OBSOLETE] ABC - Advanced Button Controller

Paul can you help me with the Pico remote dimmer up and down switches. I’m trying to use the up and down switches to toggle different virtual switches but one after the other. The toggle option right now switches all on and off at the same time. I would like to do toggle one after the other. Can you help me with the modified function / definition for that. Would really appreciate that.

Interesting, not sure how we could accomplish that but I’ll certainly take a look for you

To give you a little more info on what exactly I’m trying to accomplish. I have Wyze bulbs n other smart life bulbs which i cannot dim directly with SmartThings, so i ended up creating virtual dimmer switches that call IFTTT and the IFTTT routine runs a specific dimmer level for each switch. The on off button on Pico works fine for these bulbs but when i try to Dim I’m trying to toggle through these virtual switches so that i can go up or down the virtual switches in a order to get the brightness up or down depending on the up or down on the Pico remotes. I love the Pico remote and ABC mapper smart app, just this would help tremendously in getting those other bulbs do the dimming functionality that the virtual dimmer in SmartThings wont control…Hopefully this gives you a better picture of the crazy things going in my head :slight_smile:

Thanks again for looking into this.

What do you think ? Is it possible ??

@Paul_Sheldon

You can get it here GitHub - paulsheldon/SmartThings-PS: My SmartThings

Where are the instructions to add the SmartApp and Device Handler? The Github page just has a bunch of code in various folders. How am I supposed to use it? What code do I copy and paste into the IDE?

I’m trying to add the TradFri IKEA 5 button remote but the SmartThings Classic app doesn’t see it when adding a new device. I pressed the pairing button on the remote and held it down for over 10 seconds. What do I need to do to recognize it?

ABC is only a smart app, not a device handler. To be able to add custom code, I’d suggest reading this post.

On the IKEA button, it appears that ST supports it natively. Try the new app, I picked IKEA and it was a device that was addable.

I’m not using the new ST app. How do I add the device handler for ST Classic? I can’t be the only person trying to do this.

Well. Classic app is soon dead. Just install the new app and install the device from there. No problem at all…

1 Like

You have 8 days lol. Might as well get it in the new app via IDE.

I have installed ABC button controller but when I open the app its says “No devices found”. I am using the latest ST app and ABC. I have an Inovelli Red on/off switch. I can see it in the ST spp and Alexa but can’t find device in ABC app with ST. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Did you load the Inovelli Red Series DH? The switch may not be exposed as a button without it.

I fixed the issue. The DH I had installed was incorrect. I installed the DH from Inovelli website and it worked. Thx!

2 Likes

Brilliant, thank you for the update

Are there plans to add functionality to trigger scenes to ABC?

Hi Kyle, I will be looking at the app again shortly to see what changes need to be made to bring it up to the new app standard. Unfortunately, it is one of my minor projects but I will attempt to find some time for it in the next month or 2 and bring together a new version.

Paul ET all
I’m not sure if the app was updated but anything on my question about using the dimmer the way I put it with IFTTT?

Hi

I am using ABC with an IKEA Tradfri 5 button. I’ve got the dimming working but can’t work out how to set the buttons so that they will cycle through colour. Does this smart app do that or is there something else I should be trying.

I’m still pretty new to all of this so still learning!

Thanks for any help!

Hi

At the moment colour temp (white level) is working, I’m not too sure on RGB yet but will look at this to see if its something that can be easily added

Paul

At the moment colour temp (white level) is working, I’m not too sure on RGB yet but will look at this to see if its something that can be easily added

Wow, thanks!

How do you install it? I copy the code but get this error:

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_d30c7531_323b_4a7c_aeb3_74aabbfabc29.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_d30c7531_323b_4a7c_aeb3_74aabbfabc29$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_d30c7531_323b_4a7c_aeb3_74aabbfabc29$_run_closure1@34c67aa] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Why like this?