A.I. Thermostat manager

A Thermostat Manager that fully controls your room’s temperature based on several inputs such as humidity, motion, contacts. It also manages switches or even thermostat capable switches as alternate devices (if, for example, under certain circumstances, you want to use a different cooler / heater).

It is a true A.I.: it learns from your input. If you change a set point, it’ll remember that when outside temperature is at a certain level (± 3 degrees), you wished this specific set point to be applied.

PLEASE NOTE that the soon coming Hubitat Version will be much more powerful than ST’s for ST’s platform forbids large data storage beyond 100kb (yep, they live in the 80’s I guess…). I have a new A.I. ready to fire within a couple weeks that has a much larger and complex 3D data base which will not only remember the outside temperature at which, for example, you wished to cool at 73F, but also the level of humidity. It will then approximate future outputs based on this machine learning process. I’m still optimizing it for now, so don’t expect it before within a couple weeks. Just know that it won’t work on ST, but only in Hubitat’s version of this app.

1 Like

Just tried install this app, but some of my modes are named “null” when setting up the app, and when Im finished with the settings and click “done”, I get this message : an unexpected error occurred.

I will try again then, thank you, one thing though, is this app still under development? or if its discontinued?

One more thing after trying again, when Im supposed choose modes for when I’m home, I can only select one mode, but I’m supposed to select the various modes, right?

Hmm, on various settings it says “null” in description, so its hard to setup, cause I can’t figure out what the various modes is, since it display “null”.
Plus, I can only add 2 extra modes, please make it so we can add the amount of number we need, I need 4 more modes :slight_smile:

Hi,

I don’t know if you have time to check it out again but I’ve added several modifications and you can now have several modes per section. It took me some time for it required to rethink quite many parts of the overall app’s infrastructure, but I hope this will make it more convenient.

Best,

The link to my repository above has been modified. This app is completely renewed and, also, made to work on different platforms, other than ST, while still compatible with ST.

I’ve tried to install your new version from scratch and it gives errors because what’s displayed on screen under thermostat isn’t designed properly.

The OtherDevice stuff seems to mess up the selection of setpoint based on mode or simply desired setpoint.

Selecting a device that we would want to turn off the thermostat is what’s causing the display to change and the way I read the code that’s not the desired purpose.

It’s also showing that in the log a lot:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_5bba2ab7444f4e45cc89bc479a4be31c12a48a5a04eb32dc40320fb95c0a55fe.pauseExecution() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Integer) values: [200] @line 824 (Master)

Contacts open and Windows open was also complaining of .size not ok on null.

I’ve also had issue because of “NOT EVALUATING BECAUSE AI Database HASN’T BEEN INSTALLED YET”, I had to remove the comment in front of createdb right under it in both the older version and that new version for it to start doing something.

I think you should really try a brand new install from scratch, you will see it’s messy but your idea is really good. I hope you can fix it so it work right from scratch.

Thanks so much! I know I have to redesign it. I think I’m going to simplify it to keep working on the A.I. database only, now that with HE I can build a bigger database (this is still the one I could built within ST limitations to 100K). I’ll look into it. Also, I haven’t updated it too recently while I have added many modifications already, but I haven’t tried a fresh install yet.

Thanks so much for your feed back, this is most precious.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.