$38.24 hue lights from AWD, good deal?

The ones listed for $38.24 are “Used” and not “New”

Maybe, but lightbulbs in a damaged package would make me nervous.

Item has minor cosmetic damage to top, front or sides. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging may be damaged.

I saw that, but if it was anything like the Lightify Gardenspot lights, the lights will be new, and they will come in the damaged box.

@JDRoberts

Since they are being sold as “used” the Phillips warranty will not apply. So if they die in a few months, you didn’t save any money. But obviously it’s a personal choice. I tend to buy electronics new from a reputable retailer with a good returns policy and products with a good warranty. Other people buy from garage sales . Your choice. :sunglasses:

I already new that! :grin:

1 Like

Talk about timing. Just received an email from SmartThings with a link to Hue bulbs on sale.

I did not think about the warranty. I guess on the gardenspot it wasnt such a big deal considering ti paid 24/each (2) when they retail for 60. However, on the Hue, I will only be saving about $10. Very good point, thank you JD

2 Likes

I think thats only for white, and not color, I can’t sem to find any discount on the color ones :frowning:

Since Philips just released the generation 3 Hue bulbs a few weeks ago (better greens and blues, and a little brighter, otherwise about the same as gen 2), I’d expect to see sales on the generation 2 bulbs in late November and December to clear inventory for the newer model.

With the luck some of us have had lately with AWD , it is not worth the risk to save $6 on a bulb. If they were $20-$25 I would go for it, but not $39 for a $45 bulb that you can find regularly 3/$100

New 3rd gen color are only $49

1 Like

Unless you already have some 2nd gen lights, 3rd gen should be the only ones you consider getting. Better colors and wider range of colors.