2018 Samsung SmartThings Hub and how to Connect Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug

2018 Samsung SmartThings Hub and how to Connect Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug
Use this process to connect Z-Wave Heiman HS2SK-Z Smart Plug to your Samsung SmartThings Hub.
To Connect the device:
Within the SmartThings mobile app, follow these steps to connect or include a new device:

1. Tap My Home
  2. Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
  3. The app will say Looking for devices…
  4. While the Hub searches, perform the connection/inclusion process specific to that device
    o When Heiman Smart Plug power is ON displaying a RED light immediately press the device Power button three times that is within 1.5 seconds.
    o When the power button is illuminated with flashing blue LED, here patience is required. It is my experience that SmartThings app “looking for devices” times out with message “It is taking longer than expected to find devices”.
    o I discovered that my SmartThings app timed out at 20 seconds.
    o Please take note that the Smart Plug User Guide describes (the longest networking time is 30 seconds). So, beware if you waited and waited long enough the SmartThings app displays discovered Z-Wave Metering Switch.
  5. When the Smart Plug is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
  6. Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
  7. When finished, tap Save
  8. Tap Ok to confirm your paired devices

Isn’t this the normal pairing process?

I believe the OP is trying to describe some of the quirks on the Heiman side, In particular the fact that it appears to be unusually slow in responding to the inclusion request, which can mean that the smartthings app will time out before the inclusion is complete.

1 Like

When adding third party Zigbee or Z-wave device to SmartThings Hub I have read here others stating does not work with Samsung SmartThing Hub. It is possible like me it took me two days to reason why I was unable to pair two Heiman Z-Wave Smart Plugs. The user guide was skimpy to say the least. No mention of be quick at RED LED Light. It was only when I was persistent after 20 second app time out saved myself returning ordered items to supplier. Trust this proves helpful to community…

1 Like