2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

It’s an official DH by ST, it’s in the device type drop down. Only downside for now is you loose google home.

1 Like

My blinds are currently included into my Hubitat network, but Hubitat works with ST DH’s. The only thing I would need to do to port to Hubitat would be to run a find and replace in the code from “PhysicalGraph” to “Hubitat”. Could you send me the code for this DH so I can try it out? I would hate to switch these blinds back over to ST because Hubitat is much quicker and more reliable.

I won’t have access to a computer for a day or two, but once I do I’ll send one over.

1 Like

Hey Neal

RE: We’re 100% sure this is a ST issue, change the DTH and try it.

I’m seeing the issue also when controlling the blinds with my Cooper scene controller. When operating this way the Cooper is using native ZWave scene commands directly to the blinds. I’m not saying it only happens when using my Cooper, but I’m saying it’s not just happening when I’m controlling them with a ST command or action.

I’ll try the DTH when I get home tonight but given this, I’m not sure what it’s going to change…

We’ve only been testing with the hubs and haven’t been using scene controllers. I’ll pass it along to Graber.

I just had 10 blinds installed today and am having this same problem. However, we noticed the problem with using just the somfy group controller remote. When programmed to have seven of them in a group they’d all do something different most of the time. Some would complete their movements, others wouldn’t move at all, and some would move an arbitrary distance. I’ve noticed a variation on this problem with all ten of blinds while trying to troubleshoot this tonight. Best I can tell, when there is more than one blind being moved a time sometimes something goes nuts and the blinds either stop responding at all to z-wave commands, or only move a little and stop. If I activate one blind at a time manually in succession I’ve not been able to cause the blinds to go haywire yet.

Edit: to clarify I have roller shades and have tried several different device handlers with no luck. When the movement starts but doesn’t complete, I’ve noticed that I get a red light on the shades. When they do what I expect them to do this does not happen.

Can you send me your order number (PM me)? You’re the first known case (known to me anyway) that has an issue with the somfy group controller.

Also to everyone following this thread, I will have a form setup this weekend and a link posted. Please fill it in even if you haven’t purchased the shades from us or if it’s from bali. Trying to gather a concrete list, the people affected by this are a small portion but I want to make sure this is resolved. For those that did not purchase from us please find your SWF (springs window fashions) order number. I should have it ready by Sunday once I am back home.

Unfortunately, I did not purchase from you. I purchased from a local shop and don’t look forward to trying to explain all of this to them. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, if you look at the hembars or the valances you should be able to find a SWF order number. Keep that handy once I have the form up and running.

UPDATE!!!

Multi channel remote now available! I will have links updated on Monday.

1 Like

Hi Neal,
I am experiencing the same issue as some of the other community members with Smartthings and roller shades. When running an automation, one of the shades will move a short distance, stop and blink red. The batteries are fresh. I can move the individual shade without issue from the ST app. I have tried different DHs.

You suggest that this is a ST issue. Do you have any insight into the status and resolution for this issue?
Thanks

We are fairly certain it’s only in ST or one’s that are controlled when they are part of the ST network, since we sell to wink, homeseer and vera communities (almost the same volume) as we do to ST and have no complaints. I should have a link posted soon with a form. It’s to collect the total number of people currently experiencing the issue. The actual firmware on the motors hasn’t changed. The other issue is that it’s not happening to everyone either which makes it even harder to pinpoint the exact cause although we think we have.

You mentioned one shade, if I may ask, it’s one shade out of how many? And what type of shade is it? Also is it on any routine or core piston or rule that is different from the others? Also which DH’s have you tried?

Is there more that you can share now? Even if it’s still a theory? I have a rep coming to my house to check out the issue this afternoon and I’ve experienced this issue completely outside of SmartThings when the shades primary controller is just the group remote.

-Aaron

I can’t really say anything right now unfortunately. In your case is it only happening with the group remote?

To anyone experiencing this issue (whether you purchased through us or another retailer) please fill out the form. This includes Bali Autoview motors as well: https://goo.gl/forms/v2zJoqd4ETui2vG92

The issue in question is when controlling the shades, they move a bit then flash red and stop. After that it takes multiple attempts using the remote to move the shade.

No, it happens with the group remote, and smartthings. With the single remotes as a secondary controller and smartthings as a primary, I also notice that the shades don’t always respond to the remote. It may take two or three button presses to get them to respond, if they even do. It’s like once the solid red light case happens, the controllers fall off the network for a period of time. I’ve noticed that I sometimes get them to respond quicker by rolling them up if they were going down and down if they were going up, but at this point I’ve spent so much time trying to find a pattern and reason that I might just be going crazy. :slight_smile:

This is across 11 shades, so it’s not isolated to one or a single location in my house either.

-Aaron

1 Like

Hi Neal,
The issue occurs with only one shade out of eleven. That one shade is on the same routines and all of the other shades. I have tried to use the following DHs:

• Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Generic
  • Z-Wave Dimmer Generic
  • Spring Window Fashion Shade
    This one shade is different from all of the others in one important way: it is newer. I will add this to your sheet.
1 Like

hmmm, can you try this. I realize it’s an inconvenience, but can you take them out of the ST network and just try using the group remote for a week and report back?

Also pretty sure the rep coming in won’t be able to do much more than say “I’ll pass it on to Springs WF” since most unfortunately don’t even know how these work. They only know about the shade side of things, don’t really know what or how a z-wave network operates.

Neal,
Will do and I will report back in a week or so.

1 Like

Just a reminder: Multi channel remotes are now available for these. Each remote will let you control up to 12 shades individually or up to 12 groups. The remote can connect up to a max of 24 shades at a time.

If you need them please message me with your account email address and if it’s in Canada or the US and I will add it to the account.

1 Like