2018 - Current: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Z-wave+ Shades & Bali Autoview Z-wave+ Shades

Here are the messages from zebrablinds chat:
“Unfortunately unless the blinds were purchased through us then we wouldn’t be able to sell parts for it”

“I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for alternate solutions”

“Unfortunately I’m not very familiar with Bali products so I’m not sure of their compatibility, apologies for any inconvenience”

Is there a direct link to the rechargeable battery?

Hmmm, that’s weird. Just reach out again and if needed link this thread.

Just checking in again. Would like to order a few more blinds

Just updated coupons.

Hi @ZebraBlinds
The SmartThings-V code worked last night, but went back this morning to finish my transaction and it no longer works.

That’s unusual. Let me check and I’ll update soon.

1 Like

The code was stacking on top of the sitewide savings. As much as I would have liked 75% off, I knew it was an error and didnt order last night. I am hoping that they fix the 36% off coupon soon though.

New permanent coupons will be updated tomorrow.

New coupon: SmartThings-A

Should work properly and not get disabled this time.

Will this code not work on the rechargeable battery packs by themselves? Any other useable code for this? Thanks.

It won’t work on the battery packs by themselves, but, depending on how many you need. Just create an account, add to cart and send me the email address and I can take a look on what’s possible.

I have about 40 bali/graver zwave shades in my house. I’m having issues with a few of my shades, the buttons no longer work (the newer style buttons that are smaller, not the older style). The button seems to have seperated from the board, if I take the plastic cover off and hold the button down to the circuit board and press it it works though.
I also have another blind that disconnected and now I can’t get it to re-pair with the hub no matter what I try. The blind and motor work fine but I think I just want to replace this board as well so I can pair it to the hub.
Is there anyway to buy replacement boards?

You would have to reach out to Bali directly for warranty. We have very limited ability to help if the order is not through us unfortunately. You should be able to get replacement parts.

Regular Lithium AA batteries (Energizer Ultimate): 3000mah * 8 = 24Ah
Rechargeable Lithium AA batteries (various brands on Amazon, about 3000mwh at 1.5v == 2000mah): 2.0ah * 8 = 16Ah
Graber Rechargeable: 3.1Ah

Is the rechargeable battery better than the battery pack? Based on the above values, it looks quite inferior.

Answering my own question:
Battery capacities add up when connected in parallel but when connected in series only the voltage gets added up.

Im currently recharging a Lithium pack about once every 6 mo per window. Rach window cycles open/closed about twice a day. It was comparable when i was using AAs

Has anyone been able to group their shades for use in scenes and automations? I previoulsy tried the Shady app but it seems to be broken for Spring Window Fashion shades:

Shady was the defacto solution for this, and yes it’s broken. It’s not handling on/off correctly and a few other things. I’ve halfheartedly looked at it to update the icons and see how bad it would be to update - it’s probably a couple hours for someone who knows what they’re doing. :slight_smile: Me - a couple weekends… If you need Shady to work, I BELIEVE you can switch to ‘zwave shade’ as the DTH for your shades for now, it works with the Somfy / Springs / Graber shades. But you lose access to the one button preset in the app. Neither DTH runs local for now so you don’t gain / lose local processing due to the switch.

1 Like

I am currently just grouping them through Google Home. It’s the easiest method I’ve found across all z-wave hubs. I am on Hubitat currently (had a few back to back weeks of downtime at one point with ST).

Wait, you can do that? Do you simply put them in one room, or how do you group them? In the Home Settings, under Rooms and Groups, the groups are only for my speakers. On the main screen, when I click the + sign, I can add a new speaker group and that’s the only type of group I can add.

If you’re just grouping them in rooms, can you have 2 groups in 1 room (top and bottom shades)? What about putting one shade in more than one group, like 1 shade is in the room as well as the upstairs groups?

For me, Google does a decent job figuring out which shades I want to control based on the room they’re in (the speaker is in the same room) and the names I used for the shades. I would love to have a “West Shades” or “Bedrooms” group though.