2016/12/09: SmartTiles Launcher not working for some users... Investigating

And… It’s fixed.
It was really simple… And now I feel stupid.

Looks like a Javascript crash. Not sure why closing the browser and re-opening wouldn’t fix it, but a CTRL + F5 (refresh with javascript reload) worked.

EDIT: And I can close it and re-open it through the launcher successfully. Doesn’t require a refresh each time I launch. Guess that’s one to put in the knowledgebase for future reference.

1 Like

Glad it’s working … don’t feel stupid!

There was at least one other report of the second situation (corrupt dashboard) in the past couple of days, and they are likely related.

That “Too many redirects” error is not a good thing, and our fix to the Launcher hopefully will hold. Since I can’t replicate the error on demand, it’s going to be tough to figure out other possible solutions.

Forcing a refresh (i.e., Ctrl-F5 to ensure not pulling from cache…) is not a bad idea, as it will attempt to reload the damaged resource, and, if we’re lucky, it will be successful.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for all the diagnostic assistance. We haven’t seen this in ActionTiles Beta … but, technically, it is still “possible” – but now we are much better prepared to deal with it.

@tgauchat @diehllane I had the same issue with only the help button showing up on my tablet. Mine is fixed now by force closing Chrome and clearing the cache.

1 Like

Great to hear!

We think perhaps JQuery library got corrupted and a refresh fixes it. We can’t force a refresh until V6/ActionTiles.

I’ve seen this a lot… figured it was some kind of authentication issue on the ST side, like a pseudo-403.

I have four distinct behaviors when using SmartTiles, seemingly at random:

• It works fine
  • It asks me to log in, and the username / password fields are logged in
  • It asks me to log in, and the username field is filled in but the password is not
  • It gives me the error above

I figure it’s some weird load balancer / cache combination, auto logoff thing or something of the sort and just chalk it up to “expected behavior”