200 Device limit - How to proceed from here?

So that was august 20, 2021. It is now October 31, 2021 and there is still a limit.
I have tried using an apple device to add more enbrighten swathes but they cant be recognized. I want to use the android app…but it is not fixed.

My Android is not ok. It still says over 200 device cannot add. How do i fix this?

The latest update 1.7.73.22 broke the android work around for adding >200 devices. I rolled back the app with the last apk file which fixed the add device problem but broke the ability to edit (some) scenes and other things.

To get around this I updated the phone app to 1.7.73.22 on my phone and left the app on my tablet as the previous version so I can use my tablet to add devices.

We’ve had 2 updates since they said they would fix this and still no fix!

2 Likes

Pssst!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

my.smartthings.com

Tested, you can add more that 20 rooms

2 Likes

I too just hit the 200 device limit when trying to add a device in the current version of the Android App, which still isn’t fixed it seems.

A workaround I just found is to create an empty Room. In that room you then get an “Add Device” option (see screenshot below) and this doesn’t check the device limit when you add a device.

If you’ve hit the 20 room limit (I’d created some spare rooms before that limit hit us) then as per the post from @milandjurovic71 you can use my.smartthings.com in a browser to create rooms without a limit.

1 Like

What version of the mobile app are you using? I’m able to add devices and I’m at 290++ devices.

I’m on ST Android version 1.7.73.22

Interesting, I’m on the same version number but get the limit error.

Yeah that’s odd. If I remember right, the change actually happened without a version update but I don’t remember when. There was another thread where a few of us noted the change. @Automated_House do you recall?

I have it in my head that the change, however it was implemented, was rolled out on a regional basis.

2 Likes

Ah, that might make sense. I’m UK based so perhaps we don’t see the change yet in this region. Odd to have same version number though.

2 Likes

Yeah, for some reason it was regional :-1:t2: not sure where else besides USA got it removed. Everywhere still has a 200 scenes and routines limit.

I’m EU based and have the same issue on Android. But if you create an empty room you get an add device option and this isn’t limited to 200 devices

2 Likes

Just trying to see if anything can improve on this, is it possible to have the 200 device removed for everyone?

? Smartthings team?

@nayelyz ?

The requests related to the SmartThings App such as changing the limit of devices installed are handled by the SmartThings Customer Support team. You can contact them by following the steps below and ask about this limit:

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”

Here is the Smartthings answer after my request of increasing the limit:

**** (SmartThings)

Jul 25, 2022, 5:55 PM MST

Hello NOE,

Thanks for reaching out to Samsung SmartThings Support.

I hope you are safe and healthy.

In regards to your response, we would like to inform you that as of now with the new SmartThings app there can be added up to 200 devices, 20 rooms, 10 locations and 20 members. If you want to add more devices, you will have to create another account and use another hub to add those devices.

I understand you’d love to have features for your feature of exacerbating the problem of reducing the device count below 200 before a new physical device into the SmartThings app. I’ll put this in as a feature request to our developer teams as feedback from customers and let them know what users are waiting for and expecting in the next updates because it is obviously doable, and probably a good idea to give users some SmartThings-specific features.

I don’t know timelines for new integrations of SmartThings updates as this comes from the developer’s side, but the bit of good news I can give you is that the majority of these features are on our radar and we on the support team are looking out for every request to make sure this feedback is heard.

Once I submit this as a feature request, the developer team will review this ticket and see what users are expecting and waiting for SmartThings updates.

Meanwhile, your time and patience is highly appreciated.

I feel like we’re on a good path to reach the functionality that you’re looking for, and I really appreciate all your honest feedback and support for SmartThings upgrade and betterment.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries or concerns. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks for being the best part of Samsung.

Regards

1 Like

Which would be fine if any of that information was in the guardrails documentation. Only the location guardrail exists there and it is 50.

It creates the impression that the app is making stuff up.

2 Likes

A very polite and detailed response so a thumbs up to that individual although some of the text was… a little garbled

It would be a lot easier for everyone IF ST had a closed section that was actively updated outlining future features and most requested… although this forum is slated as non official it carries all the hallmarks of official

1 Like

I think we all should report this problem… Maybe this way we will be noted.

1 Like