$11 Zigbee switch. EACHEN Zigbee OnOff Switch AC-ZGB1

My question about the one-wire configuration is, do you just leave the neutral output empty and it’ll just work? Just have one live wire coming out to the device?

Hi,

Yes it works with only live out. I got the device today I tried it. It’s working great. As BoonDR said we have to change device type to “Zigbee Switch” in API.

Perfect. Thank you.

Hi,

I am planning to keep this device in wall Gang box. Do you think it got any circuitry to create any fire hazard?

The device is solid state and enclosed in plastic, so no arc danger. It says max load 250V/10A so I wouldn’t use it for anything over that, or even approaching it. It passes all current through the relay and PCB rails. I wouldn’t use it for anything other than lights, i.e. a ceiling fan or anything like that. Motors pull a lot of current when they start which may overload it.

2 Likes

Just got it working with my ceiling fan! It’s great. Makes a very satisfying click sound when activated too.

I purchased 14-2 solid wire for the L and N input ports and attached those to the appropriate wires with wire nuts and put only one wire sticking out of the L output to the ceiling fan wire. So now it works in tandem with my Hue lights in the ceiling fan itself! If I ask Google to turn off the fan, it only turns off the fan. Perfect!

It also fit just fine within the ceiling fan’s housing so nothing is exposed.

1 Like

Saw this thread and purchase four of these last year for no reason. Yesterday I needed to replace a chewed up cord on a house fan and found there was room to toss one in it! The device latches to the last known power state when removed from power. I did need to go into the dev portal and change the device to “ZigBee Switch” as the direction indicate. Would be curious if that behavior could be changed to default closed when power is removed?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCFT73T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1