100% light level between 2 programmed level after Feb 2023 update

Since the platform migration on Jan 1st, my dimmer behave differently.

I used to have dimmer set to two different level depending of the night time. And now every time it passe from the first programmed action to the second one, there is a spike of 100% level between programmed levels. For example going from 60 to 30% between two programmed schedule will provide a 100% level between them.

Any idea how to resolve this?

My hub firmware is 000.046.000008
Controler version is 2.3.13-9

Unfortunately, they made an unannounced and undocumented platform change, as you noted, and now any change in dim level will turn the light on, often at 100% first. It’s broken a lot of rules for different people.

Sometimes the issue can be addressed by using a custom edge driver, but not always.

What’s the brand and model of the switch?

Also, go ahead and open an official support ticket reporting it as a bug. They really need to make this an optional choice. :thinking:

1 Like

GE (Jasco) In-Wall Ez Smart Dimmer Model 12724

Thank you for your input. I’ll escalate this as a bug report and see how it goes.

If nothing is done in short term, I will definitely reconsider rebuilding the solution with another HUB brand and app.

Try in the following thread and see if that driver supports your model. Many people have found it works better than the stock driver.

[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

2 Likes

Sure,

I did escalate to support but I’ll check for this work around

Thanks again

1 Like