Z-Wave colorControl

Hey everyone,

I’m new to the automation world and I have a Zipato RGBW Bulb. My knowledge of Z-Wave is very limited but I’m learning as I go. My main goal (as of right now) is to make this light turn any color other than white!

I’m trying to create a Device Type and running into a few problems.

First: I question whether or not “capability.colorControl” actually works for Z-Wave Lights. I assume it only works for ZigBee.

Second: I try to run the following command—

def on() {
log.debug “Executing ‘on’”
zwave.colorControlV1.stateSet(stateDataLength: 0x03, payload: [[0x02:0xFF],[0x03:0x00],[0x04:0x00]]).format()
//zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0xFF).format()
}

and I receive the following error—

groovy.lang.ReadOnlyPropertyException: Cannot set readonly property: payload for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.colorcontrolv1.StateSet

I’m sure most of my code may be wrong but if anyone could provide some insight or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I have over a ton of web browsers open with duplicate tabs all about Z-Wave :smiley:

If it helps I tried adding a fingerprint of the bulb and other combinations of the zwave command.

Does the device pair to the Hub? Have you tried to look at the Philips Hue for reference?

The device pairs to the hub and can be controlled both “On” and “Off” but no color control. I have looked through the Hue documentation but I believe they are ZigBee and this light is Z-Wave.

Did the manufacturer provide any documentation or have any such for developers? How do you currently control it?

Commenting about the Fibaro RGBW controller a while ago, @urman mentioned the following:

I would assume the Z-Wave Color Command Class would work for Fibaro as well as Zipato.

Thanks Beckwith, hopefully they will get around to it soon

Thank you all for the information! I was wondering if the Z-Wave Color Command Class was implemented or not. They have it in the documentation:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/doc/zwave-utils.html#colorControlV1

I did get it to work, sort of, with the zipato RGBW z-wave bulb:

I notice though that there’s a bug in the colorcontrol class…
the stateSet command should have 2 arguments:
Short capabilityID
Short value

But all that’s there is:
Short stateDataLength
which doesn’t make much sense.

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/doc/zwave-utils.html#colorControlV1

Cheers, Andy.