Yale locks - Remotely change codes?

@Bandicoot, sorry, a wrong copy and paste, the link has been corrected:

Bye.

@yvesracine… Thx - appreciated.

Guess I am still having the meta data error with the smartapp that you have mentioned above

https://github.com/bigpunk6/smartapp.change-lock-code.

Sorry to be a bother but any assist when you do have a moment would be great.

@NeKash, just use my code instead:

Bye.

@misterman,

Till we get an official release of the official lock code management by ST, here is a smartapp that you can use for multi-user setup:

Refer to

The smartapps will help you setup up to 10 user codes based on my Custom Lock Device that I created for
my Yale locks (corrected some timeout issues).

I cannot guarantee that the code will work for all types of locks out there, but give it a try.

It works well in my environment.
Credit to bigpunk6 for the Custom Lock device that I modified for my own usage.

Merry Christmas to all!

If you like the smartapp(s), please support the developer.

Donations via Paypal link

Regards.

Thank you for the information about the smartapp to handle controlling PINs for a Yale lock. Does anyone know when ST will natively support this functionality for the Yale locks?

I currently have a Revolv that performs this function for me, but with Revolv going away, I’m looking for a good alternative and I was hoping ST would be it. I can’t make the switch, however, until
this function is implemented, since I use the Revolv + Yale lock for managing access to a rental property.

It would also be very beneficial to have begin/end dates for codes, since in almost every case when I want to create a code, it is temporary for a service person or for rental use.

I may be able to use this smartapp temporarily as a work-around, but would prefer official support since I need to rely on it for rentals. Where is the best way or place to submit development requests and/or check on the status of a development initiative? Thanks all

1 Like

Hello @gjanes

Refer to this thread for the official release which does not seem to be imminent.

As far as being able to set up temporary codes for rentals, you could use the smartapp change-lock-code (see my github)
to delete a specific user after a while.

But, if you’re willing to pay for more advanced lock code management, you’ll find more lock management capabilities within
the following thread (at the end). Some specific smartapps were developed by a fellow developer.

Bye for now.

HI,

So I’m trying to use your code and think I have it all set, except I don’t seem to be able to get the SmartApp to install within my ST app.

I’m sure this is some terrible noob mistake but if you felt like taking pity on me I’d be grateful.

Thanks

Wes

Hello @Wesley_Rosner,

Do you see my smartapp under https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps?

If not, you’d need to create a smartapp and copy and paste the code from github using the “from code” tab.

If you see it in the IDE, you should be able to click “+” under the smartMenu on your smartphone or your tablet (main dashboard at the bottom). Then, you’d need to scroll right till the last screen (my Apps) and it should appear in this screen.

You’d need to click on it in order to configure the smartapp according to your own input parameters.

Regards.

So my apologies. I was being a serious noob. I found how to add it from the app.

I’m playing with some changes in the code now. Ultimately I’m planning to control locks, thermostat and some other things via API. I’m mostly seeing the way forward but not entirely.

Let me know if you have time/interest in any consulting work on this?

Thanks

Wes

wrosner at mac dot com

@Wesley_Rosner, Sorry about the late response, I got your message and responded via email.

I’ve also CC’ed @ben and @urman as they are key people for this initiative.

Regards.

I’m doing some focused customization of a device type for my Yale touchscreen lock, along with a SmartApp to go with it. It’s primarily a learning exercise, but since I’ll be using it myself, I’m adding as much functionality as possible.

I’m not completely satisfied with how the stock Z-Wave lock device type is implemented, including the data provided in the codeReport attribute and (maybe) the deletion process. The interface is established, so adding basic commands isn’t the route I plan to follow, but since the type of codeReport attribute is not defined, I’ve got room to maneuver there.

i am new to smartThings Hub v2 and have successfully installed it and have a yale lock 210. I have read your post(s) relating to remotely change codes/set codes.

1. How does one set up the app to do that, that you have made?
  2. can you do a step by step process? and how to add it to smartThings app?
  3. does this app enable one to set a code to deactivate after a specific time has elapsed…ex. (code 1234 can be used between 10am-11am)?

@genise,

ST is supposed to release their own lock management tool soon, so I’ve not maintained that code
for a while.

In the meantime, you can use the following tool (especially for your for temporary code requirements):

Regards.

I’ve been using the Lock Manager App for the last 8 months and it works excellent! So grateful that there are coders out there how can problem solve for us who don’t code so well. :smile:

I guess I am a dumb-head… how do I use these links and code? I have the Yale Z-wave lock and SmartThings Hub… but have no idea how to use these codes to make it so I can set/delet codes remotely. Any help you can provide would be useful.
Thank you!

Hi,

Please read the following thread:

Regards.

1 Like

Rick you want to subscribe to rboyapps they have a Yale lock smart app
that’s absolutely brilliant.

Jae Evans

** this message sent via mobile device. Please excuse any grammatical or
spelling errors.**

1 Like

@yvesracine will this work for Yale Zigbee lock as well.
I installed a YRD220 with a zigbee module paired with my ST hub and would want to be able to change the code remotely.

1 Like

Refer to the following threads for lock management:

Hello,

Does this work with Z-bee as well? I had User Lock Manager but aparently it is no longer working.

Thank you for your help.