[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

I’m having the same issue Travis had in March…

I just installed my Chamberlain Garage Door Opener and monitor. Works fine from the iPad app to open/close, get alerts.

But I just bought this SmartThings hub yesterday and would like to figure out how to integrate.

I’ve followed the steps provided but when I get to the “Next” after entering my username, password and “Chamberlain” type… I get this error:
“Error! Could not find any supported device(s). Please report to author about these devices”…

I’ve even deleted everything and started fresh a couple times to make sure I got it.

Also another weird thing is when I try to select the polling option it acts like it is going to bring up options for me to choose from but never does.

From reading the 230+ entries in this thread I can’t tell if Travis ever got it working or what the fix was?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

@mattw112 - I had that issue when I first tried setting it up. I think when I tried doing it again the next day or else switching from Liftmaster to Chamberlain, it suddenly found the door. I feel like maybe I also went in and renamed my door in the Chamberlain app before that…not sure if that was related, though.

I have two Garage Doors associated with MyQ Garage and ST. How did you set yours up with ST and SmartApps? Did you add two separate SmartApps one for each door or One SmartApp with both doors assigned to it?

I have 2 doors, and I have the app installed two times

Wow, you were right! On the chamberlain website I renamed my “Home” to “House” and my “garage Door Opener” to “GarageDoor” and then went back into ST and it worked! Coming through perfectly. Thanks.

Awesome! Glad that worked for you. Nice to confirm that actually makes a difference.

Uninstalled the SmartApps; re installed just the one and added both doors to it. It now works correctly. Interesting to know you got it to work with two SmartApps though. Thanks!

This is my learning experience on trying to use 3rd party apps. So close yet so far. I found the smart apps and smart devices things by following your links. I found your code by following your link. I’m not finding how to “load” your code. It thinks I want to write an app, as I’m listed as the author. I think we can all see that is way beyond me right now.
Here is what I tried. I shared your code with my clipboard, then went to smartapps to add a new one. Pasted it. It didn’t seem to get all the code and said setup failed.
Am I on the right track? How do I load an app?

See if this helps:

So I was on the right track. Is “create” synonymous with “publish” as I don’t see a publish button. When I hit create I got…
startup failed: script1432253260510334166787.groovy: 1: unexpected token: * @ line 1, column 2. * MyQ Service Manager SmartApp ^ 1 error

Success, I’ll get this all figured out eventually. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for this tip. Commenting out the code has stopped the issues where it would report my door open or closed in a false positive state. I now rely on Pollster, which is another problem as it crashes sometimes and I have to go back into the smartapp to re-initialize it. I’ve had pollster crash on me twice in the last 2 days…

I have been having issues with the app not reporting right the last 3 days. It will say it is open when it is closed and say it is closed when it is open.

I’ve had the same problem - Pollster crashed twice in the last couple days. I suspect it was something on the ST server side.

If I get a few minutes today, I’m going to look into tweaking the code to use the app’s built-in poller (with properly calling refresh) so I can dump pollster. Hopefully whatever it is that causes pollster to die won’t kill an app’s internal polling so easily.

If that’s still not reliable, I’m afraid the only other real option will be getting a stand-alone z-wave sensor on the door for real-time reporting and none of this silly polling Liftmaster business.

I’m seeing the exactly same problem. Seems to be related to using ST to open the door but then using the switch or other method to close it.

I’ve just stopped using ST to open close the door which makes the integration kinda blah since all it’s useful for now is status when it can be trusted. I have an IP cam in my garage that i use to ignore all the false opens I get. :frowning:

Looked at the code again today. The initialize method does this to create the app’s internal poll:

schedule(“0 0/” + ((settings.polling.toInteger() > 0 )? settings.polling.toInteger() : 1) + " * * * ?", refresh )

That should be fine since it calls the refresh method, which goes out to the API and grabs fresh values.

I opened the MyQ configuration and just clicked through it, which initialized that scheduler and then did some debugging to confirm it’s running correctly. I also removed the garage door refresh call from pollster. We’ll see if things stay in sync now or if the app’s poll schedule crashes for some reason.

My theory is that if you’re going to run pollster for this, you need to make sure those lines I mentioned above are commented out; otherwise, the poll() and refresh() methods clash. I still have those lines commented out, but it doesn’t really matter because the internal polling never calls that method anyhow.

Ugh Pollster crashed again today at 11am for me. I’ve already commented out the refresh syntax but where do I add the schedule command?

It should actually already be there by default. In the MyQ smartapp code around line 160. Make sure it’s not commented out. Then, go into the MyQ setup, click through everything, and that should initiate the schedule.

I’m confused though. If the code was already there, why didn’t it work out of the box well which made us resort to Pollster in the first place? It seemed to always stop working and without pollster in the logs, it was hard to tell when it broke. The only difference is now we commented out those other lines. Would that help?

That’s my question exactly. Originally I thought it may be totally broken, but now that I know that isn’t the case,hopefully I can watch it closer and figure out the cause if it does suddenly stop and maybe add in some extra bits in the code to keep it going.