Widget showing home state in real time

In Tasker’s Variable Split, i think you are missing a colon at the end of Splitter.

Make it “SmartThings Home State:”

@625alex I have no experience with pushbullet. Do you know if there is a way to pass the data to Tasker without torching the clipboard?

Ok, fixed colon. Still does not work. Should there be colons in other places?

Regarding below from other reply (I tried to annotate A,B,C etc).

A OK turned off
B. Got the follow “paste” into browser :
C. I assume you mean in TASKER “temporarily turn off option to dismiss notifications”. Anyway thats what I did.

ALL ideas did not fix the problem. Any more ideas/thoughts?

______________________________________________________________________________________
A. You don’t need universal copy/paste on. In fact that could be interfering.

Lets test this:

B. Send yourself a push from another device to the device that runs the plugin. Then open a text field (browser f.e.) and theyn paste the content. If you see the content of the push message in the clipboard, then that part is working correctly.

C. In Pushbullet app, temporarily turn off option to dismiss notifications. Send a push from ST (by tapping the SmartApp icon f.e.) and see if the notification from ST appears.

If this works, we will take if from here.

When you disabled the option to hide notification and you tap icon of the SmartApp, does the notification make it from ST to your device?

Another way to test would be by tapping “Test” button in Pushbullet device. This should send a dummy push to your device.

I talked to developer of Pushbullet and I made suggestions on the API that would make it easier for ST to integrate with Pushbullet. He said that he will implement them. It’s been 6 months or so with no progress.

Pushover is another pushing service that has integration with Tasker.

Another way that’s worth exploring is Autoremote.

i don’t have any issues with pushbullet sending information. It seems the problem is related to tasker and Minimal widgets.

Getting outside of my capabilities. You have a working solution where am I messing up?

Here’s the actual export of the Tasker tasks.

My setup is as follows:

Profile: Received a push containing text (exactly as you have it) -> Task: Minimal Text Refresh.

Then Minimal Text Refresh internally calls Parse Json.

Minimal Text Refresh
Parse Json

Try my code as is. Maybe you have a typo somewhere in yours.

Hi Alex, thanks for the code. Works well. Great job!

How do I get status of Nest and motion sensors and push them to pushbullet?

You can modify my SmartApp to take data from your sensors and push it to Pushbullet.

StateOfTheWorld.groovy

Your better option is to use Sarp Tools by @joshua_lyon. You will achieve what you want in no time.

1 Like

Thanks, Alex. Will give it a try.

Alex, you ROCK! I am totally new to Tasker, PushBullet and Kustom (I used Kustom instead of Minimalistic) but following your directions was easy to set up everything. Thank you for all your work!

use Kustom instead of Minimalistic. Had no problems setting it up. Well, it took me longer than 30 min because all of the apps were new to me and I also made several mistakes along the way.