Whirlpool Integration

Now that Whirlpool works with Nest, I wonder if we can get it working with SmartThings.

http://www.whirlpool.com/works-with-nest/

1 Like

Well, I do not have a Nest. But, I understand it is WiFi. If that is the case, then the WhirlPool Washer and Dryer must communicate with the next using WIFI. The question is, do they communicate directly or can they be treated as devices that we can essentially add to ST?

1 Like

I’m sorry. The point of having your washer/dryer communicating with your thermostat is what?

2 Likes

It will turn off and on the machines based on usage patterns and of course if there is a load in either waiting.

Hmmm, still not getting this. How does Nest know a load is waiting? Or what you’re usage patterns are regarding your laundry?

1 Like

That is what the say, I assume the Washer communicates to the Nest and it does the rest. Since I do not have a Nest I am not entirely sure. Honestly, the only cool thing in my mind is to start or stop the wash depending on if you were home

1 Like

These are the feautures they put on their site.

-Longer less energy loads when you’re away
-Uses nests integration with power your power company to automatically delay your load during peak times
-if your away it will keep loads fresh for you

I think the way they are marketing it is weird. Its not that it talks to your thermostat butnuses the nest cloud to do some cool things. Butfor the layman. “Works with nest” is easier to understand I think.

“butnuses” is my new favorite word.

1 Like

Just for you urman :smile:

I don’t think Nest is allowing 3rd parties to use the device as a presence sensor.