Thermostat control pane (slider)

I did find a post in the old forums about this, but I thought I’d bring it up again to gauge interest and see if it’s still desired. The thermostat control pane is very hard to use, with the slider. Rarely do I really want to make large adjustments, but just bring it down 4-5 degrees. Either the range needs to be smaller or have a better way to fine-tune that settings.

2 Likes

Someone (I think it was @wackware) created a modified type with up/down buttons. I adapted that control for the new/improved Nest DT that I hope to release someday.

Yeah, there is one that uses buttons, but it has a crazy delay. There isnt a lot that can be done until smartthings improves on device types groovy.

I am using up and down buttons on the honeywell thermostat. There is only a slight delay for me and this is a cloud based t-stat.

@jodyalbritton,

What device type file are you using?

@RBoy also did some good customization work on a new device type for the 2GIG CT100:

Though, as mentioned, there’s a brief (1-2 sec) delay when you change the temp. Took me about 5-10 seconds to change the temp 5 degrees… so that is something you have to consider.

thanks @jsulliweb , actually this customization should work for any thermostat using the standard Z-Wave thermostat device type. The code I’ve published is to take the current z-wave thermostat code and then modify it step by step.