Tell me your IDE issues

I can’t believe no one has suggested this yet…

Intellisense or autocomplete

Macros?

Templates?

Think this is all the same “request”

But to satisfy the people who are purists, make it togglable.

6 Likes

I agree on all of these…

1. I implied by my suggestion of “Cloud9” as an arbitrary good example of an online IDE / Editor; but thanks for the particular highlight.

2. Do you mean editor macros or code macros? Perhaps slightly related to my post suggesting #include if you mean code macros… ?

3. Yah … Templates are great idea. “Intelligent” templates would be a miracle. I wouldn’t mind seeing this concept extended to an actual code generator – i.e., using a form / GUI that does interactive rule building, the code is spit out for you to tailor as desired.

2 Likes

Simulator can’t seem to support powerMeter devices.

2 Likes

Setting breakpoints and debugging…just in time…

4 Likes

The actual active and inactive status of devices in the IDE. Currently means nothing.

2 Likes

Consistemcy in the time zone being shown for anything in the IDE. My presence is shown in EDT and my wife’s in universal.

5 Likes

Zwave mesh map. Step by step zwave repair status.

9 Likes

Zigbee mesh map. Topology.

9 Likes

Actual outcome of every hello home action with auto retry option… Don’t give us a status that sunset triggered successfully but underlying expected behavior failed. Retry and let us know what failed.

2 Likes

Presence in IDE. Accuracy and reliability… When trigerred… If failed why?

2 Likes

Why zwave repair status under hue or sonos connect app in th e IDE live logging? They are not zwave devices.

On IE11 clicking on zwave repair tries to download a Json file on your laptop. Hello? @tyler @aaron @april will get us fired at work in financial Wall Street world… :slight_smile: exaggerating a bit…:

1 Like

Making the deletion of a device simpler. Please delete all linked smart apps linked to it when we want to delete a device in the IDE as well as app.

4 Likes

Please don’t make me google for a smart app when I know there is one somewhere in ST worlld somewhere in the IDE

7 Likes

Please let us delete a Device type or Smartapp without the 500 internal error tantrum.

2 Likes

@april make the IDE a little prettier. :wink:

@smart is tired typing. Next batch tomorrow. :slight_smile:

I stopped doing UX/UI . Sorry find another designer.

1 Like

Don’t break a broken heart! :slight_smile:

Careful spamming ST employees Ron :smile: Use those at mentions judiciously.

4 Likes