ST app and iOS latest version slowness

Yea, the support team has already made the mobile team aware of the issues.

2 Likes

Gracias, @April!!!

(I had to put in a lot of ! to hit 20 chars!)

Great, I’m having the same problems.

I reported the same slowness almost a month ago for 1.7.2, and since then it has been mostly better, but still has times when it can be very slow. I note that we’re on 1.7.3 now. The slowness is inconsistent for me, and usually it is the most slow when it is the first time I’ve used the app in a few hours. It is only using 2% of my battery right now, but I’m not at home, so I wonder if geko’s problem consuming 31% is intermittent like the slowness?

As informed by support it “may” have to do something with a “memory leak” issue with the current version of the app.

Hope this gets fixed fast.

3 Likes

+1 I’m running side by side with android KK and only the iOS app has this problem. Running iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6

Is it me or the dashboard totally dead right now and extremely delayed text messages on IOS.

Whenever I look at the empty screen, I feel so happy as well as sad as I could have saved so much dough! :wink:

Today it is nearly dead for me after even phone reboots, app relaunches, hub reboot and text messages are 5-10 minutes delayed. Practically unusable.

It is working at this very minute but will die in the next few minutes.

1 Like

iOS guys may also want to check their custom smartapp notifications. Some of mine are coming as late as an hour. Not sure what’s going on here. @april this is not an isolated case I am facing. When can we expect a fix for the iOS users? Looks like for me the runin is running an hour late… I came home around 6:10ish PM, the app checks using 60 seconds runin to check if the mode has “actually” changed but now getting these notifications in 60 minutes. Coincidence?

1 Like

My sunset actions were about 45 minutes late last night, as opposed to being missed entirely in the past, so I let it go and wait to see what happens tonight.

The “off” schedule fired on-time at 11:30pm though. But an off after door-closed for 3 minutes, failed.

No incidents on Status.smartthings.com

1 Like

Weird things are happening on iOS app.

Mine, weirdly has been working perfectly today on both iPad and iPhone. (I don’t understand it, either! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

It’s working fine now as far as scheduled events via hello homes are concerned. No issues there whatsoever. Others are reporting weird issues too.

Issues:

1. Dashboard intermittently (mostly) extremely slow and unusable. Memory leak issue in iOS I was told about.

2. Text messages from Mobile presence as well as notifications from custom app delayed by as much as an hr.

I’m seeing the same text message delays. Some 30 minutes, some 60 minutes. The delay started last night.

Yes… A little earlier for me. Please please put in a ticket.

There is definitely an issue, I thought it was just me. Mine started with my modes not changing via Magic Home and presence. Weird part is mine phones were actually updating their state (for once…lol), the mode just would not change. This of course caused Smart Alarm not to arm. Then I have an app that switches off my HVAC when the windows were open, this did not work. Then finally my outside light did not turn on at sunset. I even rebooted my hub thinking it was just me.
Things seem better now. I would assume that I would have seen an email stating trouble on ST end, but not yet.
Oh and I missed a pushbullet message when my alarm did finally arm.

I had all the same issues last night as well. SmartThings was in a remedial home automation class for sure. I will watch it over the weekend. Hopefully it was just a blip of a problem. I have not had issues for weeks but over the past several days I noticed some small issues and then the complete failure last night.

Totally agree with you. Till couple of weeks back, everything was fine but for the known issues. Now it’s falling apart for some reason. I sound like a broken record now. Please do let support know.

My notifications all of a sudden go crazy and I get notifications all the time. I specified certain times to get notified but this feature doesn’t seem to work anymore. Rebooted app and hub but still the same.

Please let support know. More the merrier so that they know it is affecting several people.

update; looks like the text and notifications are working as of now… Let’s see.