SmartThings Hub Version 2.0

[quote=“hscox030, post:493, topic:5146”]
I use SmartAlarm so in my case my garage door is set as an Entry zone so if I open it I’ll set the alarm off.[/quote]

Yes … it certainly is an inconvenience to have to rush to input a PIN-code – my point was that traditional / legacy (and current!) major dedicated alarm company systems (ADT, etc., etc., etc.) have been using that paradigm (PIN entry required to disable alarm after breaching an armed zone) for decades, reliably, and the user’s have found this to be “acceptable” (even if a little annoying and requires a sufficiently long delay time to permit the disarm PIN-input procedure).

You have two options here:

• Customize the Alarm App so that you can set a longer delay.
    and/or
  • Place an Aeon Aeotec Minimote in the car so that you can enter the PIN (it could be as little as 1 or 2 digits), as soon as you are in Z-Wave range (i.e., no need to exit the car and run to a PIN pad placed at some difficult location inside the home).

The Buttons As PIN SmartApp is, in fact, 2-Factor authentication: You must have the exact Z-Wave registered device (the specific Aeon Minimote), and you must know the PIN to enter (which can be short or long, depending on the level of security desired).

This makes this alternative solution extra secure (much more secure than just a Presence Tag).