SmartThings Android App Updates - Version 1.8.13.22 (Mar ‘24)

This update broke @Mariano_Colmenarejo great “List of Battery Device” the showed the level of all batteries in one place

2 Likes

Thank you @orangebucket that was the exact problem. However it didn’t present itself as you stated exactly. All of the missing devices from the door and window tile were already using a door or window icon. I had to update 20 out of 25 icons to get them to register correctly in the tile. I simply edited each one changed it from door or window to open\close sensor saved it and changed it back to door or window and they immediately showed in the tile. I assume that during the app update it rescans the objects, for whatever reason it didn’t classify these objects as doors and windows even though they already had the correct icons on them.

Now I can clearly see which entry points and windows are open quickly. Thank you for the tip.

Thank you @Paul_Oliver I am seeing the same thing. Thank you for bringing this up I was just getting ready to report it myself. I wonder if this is a driver code change that @Mariano_Colmenarejo needs to make so his driver works correctly in this version of the ST App.

Clearly Samsung made more changes under the hood in this version than what they published in the release documentation.

I think the cause was discussed in Post No. 12 in this thread.

3 Likes

Ah yes. I see what is happening. When the icon is changed back to a door it is no longer changing the category, it is just setting the icon. So there isn’t a problem for those changing an icon now, just those of us who changed the icon a while back and we just need to change to something else and then back again. I’ve amended the earlier post to remove the tag for Nayely and Alejandro and acknowledge my oversight. I’d blame having to rush off and make dinner but my post could have waited until later so I could double check things.

Does anyone know if this fixes the presence bug for pixels? Going to do some testing myself, but curious about other’s experiences

This update also broke the Google Cast Manager connection info.

All the Signal Metrics and connection information has lost the ability to use formatted HTML with the Android update in all community Edge drivers. Both @TAustin and @Mariano_Colmenarejo have made reference to this in other posts.
This was always a problem in iOS.

Not sure about this. I’ve never seen issues in those fields on iOS (including with the recent app update).

Here is a moisture sensor, running with @Mariano_Colmenarejo 's driver as seen by my iPhone. The other image is on Android (I have an old Samsung tablet that cannot be updated but I keep it on hand when for example I’m out of battery.)

Another example would be battery state setting that Mariano added to sensors. Looked much better in Android before.

I see what you are saying now. Agree, the full text is not showing on iOS and never has.

The difference is Android is now showing none of the text but iOS still shows the partial.

1 Like

The tile for the battery state I referred to, apart from the unformatted list of the sensor batteries also shows on the tile that iOS won’t accept HTML.
IMG_1964

I can understand Mariano’s frustration! Instead of getting better in iOS it’s now got worse in Android.:man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Just noticed that, for some reason, the update has copied 5 of my 25 Smart Lighting routines over to my Manually Run Routines (Scenes). Now those 5 are in both places. I don’t want them, or any of the 25, to be under Manually Run Routines… but I am afraid to delete them for fear of it impacting the ones linked in Smart Lighting. What gives?

Anyone else notice that the energy graph is no longer available for certain devices. It just shows the total energy used, but not the breakdown of days.

Yes, they have removed it in this new update of the Android App.

Normally these changes are made for our good or for our safety or because someone doesn’t like it or because they haven’t realized it, let’s go as usual with smartthings updates!

2 Likes

I’ve not seen that one. I did notice that the ‘sort order’ in the API was referencing a scene I don’t have and when I created and deleted a scene the rogue one vanished. Unfortunately the same trick doesn’t work with ‘automations’ as I am seeing seven I can’t identify. However as I am looking at completely undocumented API objects I don’t really know what ‘correct’ looks like, and I am not seeing anything unusual in the app.

1 Like

Yup, it has been a few years since I actually knew what correct looked like in SmartThings. :man_facepalming:t3:

If I look at the equivalent API response for a different account using the same Location I see references to my Smart Lighting rules rather than unrecognised (by me) IDs. Now I’d like to say the numbers correlate but they are actually one out. I also noticed that when I opened my Smart Lighting app yesterday it displayed an introductory banner as if it has never been used before, but then showed all my existing rules.

It just gives me the impression they’ve been tinkering.

I have had a good old shuffle of the contents of my Life and Routines tabs, and that has got rid of most, but not all, of the unknown IDs. Curiously it has also revealed id_smart_lighting where it would be reasonable to expect a UUID. That might be perfectly correct, but it does also have the look of a variable name sneaking in. I’ve also noticed that adding a Smart Lighting automation adds an unrecognised ID to the sort order, and not the correct ID.

Displaying some of the Smart Lighting rules in two places is weird though. Scenes and Smart Lighting automations are both implemented as rules but appear in different endpoints.

2 Likes

Has anyone else had issues with their smarttags now showing as disconnected? I have a bunch and they are no longer working properly with the new app.

I wasn’t aware that ‘disconnected’ was even an option. I wondered if perhaps turning off Bluetooth resulted in that, but if it does it takes a while.