Simplerulebuilder - now private

Very possible. :smile:
I’ll take a look at it later today.

@JoeC just had another thought. Would it be possible to set an optional preference that would allow users to group their rules. I have quite a few rules and it would be nice to organize those into groups with order control. Not sure if possible but a random thought popped in my head.

Good call. This occurred to me a few days ago as well. It will probably happen. :smile:

What about adding additional sensors like smoke and leak?

Sure, I’ll take a look at adding those soon. Might as well do carbonMonoxideDetector too. I don’t have any of those in my system, so no way to test first hand to make sure they work. Any volunteers?

Well, I have them, but not sure how I can test. Not going to flood my house with CO. :smile:

If anyone has any ideas, I’m willing to try it.

-Todd

I am amazed at how many people try to test a CO detector with car exhaust or gas appliances! Don’t do that. :scream:

To keep from hijacking this thread, I made a new FAQ:

1 Like

This weekend’s update:

DST is hard. I revamped the way time based triggers are evaluated. It’s more robust and should work with DST and on the days where DST starts or ends. Hopefully any time based triggers you have left today will fire at the correct time. Let me know what you see.

Slightly better logging - I added another parameter that will show up in the live log for commands being issued by the rules engine. The parameter name is sender, the value will be the name of the rule that issued the command. Hopefully this will help in debugging :smile:

New capabilities added
capability.button
capability.carbonMonoxideDetector
capability.smokeDetector
capability.waterSensor

warning: I don’t own any of these physical devices and have not tested these capabilities in the rules engine, use at your own risk

(better yet, help by testing them out!)

All of these are now available as Triggers or Conditions. You’ll need to include them in your list of authorized devices before they will be available in the rules engine (step 1 add the device in the phone app, step 2 click the Update Things button on the setup page in the rules engine)

Let me know if I broke anything with this update. Keep the feedback coming, it all very helpful. Thank you!

When I go to the phone app I don’t see the new device types (capabilities). Am I missing a step?

Get yourself an amazon wish list set up — it’s time for users to support those who are taking care of ST short comings.

@April Any chance SmartThings can send a water sensor & a ZCombo Smoke/CO detector Joe’s way?

Can you check again? There is for sure a chance I forgot to re-publish the SmartApp.

@JoeC. Are you able add Aeon Labs Minimote device support? I can send you a Minimote if needed be. Thanks!

He added Button, however it needs to get the number of buttons the device selected has for it to work properly. Like I have the ZWN-SC7 and a Aeon Minimote

1 Like

Definitely willing to add support for Minimote. I was assuming/hoping that just adding capability.button support would do it. I’d take you up on that offer, PM me? Thanks! :smile:

Just starting to think about the possibilities of what a Minimote + rules engine could be. Could do some cool stuff.

PM sent. Thanks again.

Proper support of capability.button and support of numbuttons would mean endless possibilities. As my PM said would take place a lot of stuff for me.

Any chance you can add .capability.powerMeter?

Thanks!

Will take a look. What would you do with it?

I’d like to check if the time is later than X and powerMeter is less than Y turn off a switch. My main reason for purchasing ST, I’m accomplishing this now with Pollster, but it would be nice to stop polling on my network.

I was looking at how capability.powerMeter behaves with my outlet today. My first impression is that I’ll need to figure out a way of throttling the updates. I was getting a new reading in the logs every second. Neither SmartThings or my server would be very happy about sending/receiving that many updates. What do you think a reasonable update frequency would be? Maybe once per 5 minutes? Once per minute?