Shipping cost (Duty) to Canada?

Anyone have any idea how much duty cost is when having a unit shipped to Canada? Also will I be able to get text messages in Canada? (Using Bell)

Text messages don’t seem to work for me (Telus)

I’ve ordered smartthings kits 3 times.
Once $30 ish ($30.97 maybe?)
Once no duty
I can’t remember the third.

Without the ability to receive text messages is this really work it… I guess that depends on how its used.

I really want a smarthings hub but I am concerned over ordering from the states (this is always an issue I typically overcome lol), but lack of SMS features is a deal breaker.

Push messages not enough?

Text messages do work for me I’m on Videotron

Good point . Thanks for the info all

@ddemers

I’ve had 3-4 shipments and never had to pay Duty on any of them.

Texts have always worked for me (Rogers) If you’d like to test it, send me a PM with the number you want added and I’ll have my ST send you a text.

Thanks David! I was able to receive the text message… oh and check your back door! :smile:

If your text messages aren’t working please email us at support@smartthings.com. We’ve put a lot of work into making our text messaging services more robust and reliable lately and I’m not aware of any bugs at the moment - so please get in touch!

@halkeye @Tyler

If you’d like to test it, send me a PM with the number you want added and I’ll have my ST send you a text

We’d troubleshoot this by having you send support@smartthings.com a time when a text message didn’t come through.

Text messages work for me with Virgin Mobile.

There was no duty on my shipment.

I’ve tried again, both of my telus numbers work fine now.

I hadn’t tried in a while as push notifications were good enough.

I have had 3 orders from ST and no duty assessed any time. Just the darn taxes :frowning:

I guess I was not that lucky with the duty because I ordered the Smarter Home Starter Kit plus an extra SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor and it cost me about $60 of custom charges. I didn’t look at the details and I am assuming there is some taxes in there, but still. BTW, that was shipped to QC…