Running SmartThings in Chrome Browser

Having the same issue on Windows 7 with ARChon Custom Runtime 1.1.1 - x86_32. Just get the logo but nothing further, I got it all running fine yesterday evening on my Mac laptop (running same ARChon version but Mac OS 10.8.5. I’m stumped!

I am running the APK on Win 8.1, but this was before this particular topic was posted. I simply used the ARChon Packager on Android, downloaded the zip file, then uploaded it to Chrome Extensions. Works great.

Mine stopped working suddenly today or yesterday. Just me?

Mine stopped working about a week ago, never get a login prompt.

Thanks this is where I failed last time I tried this, works great on os x!

No luck w/windows 8…just the logo as previously reported

@Drewbert34 have you tried the ARChon 1.2 release? That’s what I’m using on a few Windows 8.1 setups with 64-bit Chrome and it works great.
http://cdn.discourse.org/smartthings/uploads/default/_optimized/c92/fc2/51f47f3a22_690x459.png

Getting the right ARChon version seems to have helped in other threads:

And it works well with my SmartThings focused app called SharpTools as well:
http://cdn.discourse.org/smartthings/uploads/default/_optimized/623/176/f5d0305c79_690x431.png

1 Like

Arc-welder was the winner for me.

I have mine working as well thanks for the post.

Yes I’ve tried that one as well with the same results…but thanks for the suggestion!

Is there a way to get this to work for those of use with an iPhone?

@hscox030, first, you need to be running Chrome on your desktop, secondly, you can try using @korban_hadley’s APK from this post. Other than that, you should be able to run it from your desktop even though you’re using an iPhone.

If you need a SharpTools package for Chrome, PM me and I can send you one.

1 Like

Is this still working for the current version of ST app and Windows 10?

Finally got around to working on this… very cool… very powerful when using the IDE, github, etc… faster and more convenient than using my phone…

Procedures summarized:
1- (From https://archon-runtime.github.io/) Download the ARChon runtime, unzip it, navigate to chrome://extensions, enable “Developer Mode”, load the ARChon runtime (here is my ZIP copy of v1.2)

2- Download, unzip and load the SmartThings APK runtime (here is my ZIP copy of v2.1)

3- ‘Launch’ app, login, enjoy!

Screenshot of fully enabled extensions/runtimes in chrome:

Screenshot of running app on chrome on Windows 7: (Launchable from Chrome App Launcher)

5 Likes

I think I followed the steps (used ARChon to generate the APK from my phone, transferred it to my PC, added it in ARC Welder), but it’s not working. When I go to run the ST app from within my Chrome, it opens, but it’s just black with a white frowny-face icon. :frowning:

Any ideas on this?

Never got mine to work :frowning:

So the latest ST android app crashes after login, however version 2.1 from this thread works like a charm. Thanks bgadam!

2 Likes

@bgadam

Do you know if this still works. I have done everything you have shown and the app opens to the login screen perfectly.

However, when I try to login, it keeps saying invalid password even though I know what I am typing in is correct.

Do you have any ideas for me?-- Also, I don’t know if it matters but I am an iOS user and have never used the smartthings app on an android device.

Thank you all for any thoughts!!