[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

Same on IOS. Near dead. The native Chamberlain MyQ app. BTW, the last app update was weeks back on IOS. Must be their servers.

Just received this email from Liftmaster:::

LiftMaster MyQ® Interruption of Service

We are currently experiencing an interruption in MyQ service. You may not be able to access MyQ via your mobile or the website and may be receiving false notifications. Please rest assured; your doors and gates are not opening and all of your personal data is secure and uncompromised. These are false notifications. Our support and tech teams are working to restore MyQ services as quickly as possible.

Again, we appreciate your patience and are working to bring you secure and reliable service. Thank you for your continued support.

The LiftMaster MyQ Team

Ha! Just when I post how I’ve never had problems with their app. It’s dead for me, too. The API is still working, though, as I’m able to control the door through ST.

Mine was fine till I did an app update, then slow and getting late messages. Reboot Chamberlain Gateway and seem good, but slowly got bad again. I’m sure if their end is bad that ST will act up too.

Just received a notice from Chamberlin they have issues, see below

Chamberlain MyQ® Interruption of Service
We are currently experiencing an interruption in MyQ service. You may not be able to access MyQ via your mobile or the website and may be receiving false notifications. Please rest assured; your doors and gates are not opening and all of your personal data is secure and uncompromised. These are false notifications. Our support and tech teams are working to restore MyQ services as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and are working to bring you secure and reliable service. Thank you for your continued support.

The Chamberlain MyQ Team

Yup, I got them false notification. A few days ago, I thought my door opened by itself. I’m not 100% sure.

I was having issues yesterday too and ready to go full on OfficeSpace … then I received the same email about issues (not sure where they host services, but they should look into doing it better)…in the middle of the night I received:

LiftMaster MyQ® Service Fully Restored

We know that today’s false push notifications were very frustrating. Please know that our MyQ system is up and running, we identified the cause for the error, we implemented a fix; AND we have restored all push notification activity.

Here’s more information about what happened:
Today, the MyQ system did broadcast false push notifications of door openings to many of our users. This event then caused an unusually heavy load on our system which introduced delays in operation. In order to fully restore MyQ service, we temporarily suspended push notifications.

MyQ service including push notifications has been fully restored. Rest assured that your security was not compromised. Thank you for your understanding, patience, and continued support.

The LiftMaster MyQ Team

LiftMaster MyQ Hand

All issues seem resolved after receiving the all clear email from Chamberlain… Timely status updates and all devices associated seem good now…

1 Like

I was still getting weirdness if polling ran at the same time as refresh. Checking logs would show the door randomly being marked as open and then closed one minute later. I put in a hack to fix it by basically commenting out the lines in the poll() method altogether and just running refresh once a minute via pollster. So far, the results are 100% correct.

It seems like this is intended to be run with just relying on poll(), but I don’t see how poll() consistently refreshes data from the Chamberlain API. That is only called from refresh, which I don’t believe is called by polling unless it’s happening from some other automatic process

Can you please detail which lines you commented out? And which command in pollster did you use? Refresh, right? What interval are you using? Thanks.

I commented out lines 136 and 137 in the MyQ Garage Door Opener device type. If those line #'s don’t match up for you for some reason, it’s these two:

//updateDeviceStatus(parent.getDeviceStatus(this))
//updateDeviceLastActivity(parent.getDeviceLastActivity(this))

And yep, you got it - just setup refresh in pollster. Currently set to once a minute.

When I get some time, I think I may try modifying the code so that poll() calls refresh and then just using poll() instead of calling refresh directly. I’d like to avoid using pollster if possible just because it spams my activity log too much. But for now, this gets the job done and keeps my door reporting and associated alerts accurate.

Received today, more issues on the host end…

Chamberlain MyQ® Interruption of Service
Our MyQ system is experiencing an unplanned interruption in service and we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We understand continuous MyQ service is important to you and we’re doing everything we can to get back up and running. We suggest that during this time you use your remote or wireless keypad for your garage door or gate opener.

We appreciate your patience, and we will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

The Chamberlain MyQ Team

Hello. I have copy-ninja up and running. Thanks for that! Owe you a donation.For the most part it works just fine. However, I have two garage doors with a MyQ Garage Hub, Lift master openers and a MyQ sensor on each door. I can open either door from ST manually via either Doors & Locks or Things dashboard. However, when I set the doors up for open on (iPhone) presence I can only get one door (double door/Primary) to open.upon arrival - Note: separate presence iPhone for each door. The other (single) door does not open on arrival. When I try to open it via Doors & Locks or Things it still won’t open. The icon goes to opening then closing. Does Copy-ninja support two separate doors on MyQ? Is the setup the same via My Apps, preferences, etc.?

I’m having the same issue Travis had in March…

I just installed my Chamberlain Garage Door Opener and monitor. Works fine from the iPad app to open/close, get alerts.

But I just bought this SmartThings hub yesterday and would like to figure out how to integrate.

I’ve followed the steps provided but when I get to the “Next” after entering my username, password and “Chamberlain” type… I get this error:
“Error! Could not find any supported device(s). Please report to author about these devices”…

I’ve even deleted everything and started fresh a couple times to make sure I got it.

Also another weird thing is when I try to select the polling option it acts like it is going to bring up options for me to choose from but never does.

From reading the 230+ entries in this thread I can’t tell if Travis ever got it working or what the fix was?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Terry

@mattw112 - I had that issue when I first tried setting it up. I think when I tried doing it again the next day or else switching from Liftmaster to Chamberlain, it suddenly found the door. I feel like maybe I also went in and renamed my door in the Chamberlain app before that…not sure if that was related, though.

I have two Garage Doors associated with MyQ Garage and ST. How did you set yours up with ST and SmartApps? Did you add two separate SmartApps one for each door or One SmartApp with both doors assigned to it?

I have 2 doors, and I have the app installed two times

Wow, you were right! On the chamberlain website I renamed my “Home” to “House” and my “garage Door Opener” to “GarageDoor” and then went back into ST and it worked! Coming through perfectly. Thanks.

Awesome! Glad that worked for you. Nice to confirm that actually makes a difference.

Uninstalled the SmartApps; re installed just the one and added both doors to it. It now works correctly. Interesting to know you got it to work with two SmartApps though. Thanks!