Aeon Labs Aeotec Multifunction Doorbell

I had some concerns about the mute feature so I didn’t implement it.

I’m pretty sure you can’t disable the doorbell based on mode using this DTH, but you can using my Aeon Labs Aeotec Doorbell DTH.

If you switch DTH, make sure you go into the device settings from the mobile app and press done, before trying to use the device.

With the other DTH, you can use the custom command “setDoorbellTrack” with a numeric parameter for the track number.

When you want the device to be silent, set the track number to either a track of silence or a track that doesn’t exist, track 100 is probably a good choice. When you want it to make noise again, set it back to your normal doorbell track number.

The other DTH, raises the “switch.on” event when the doorbell button is pressed so you could setup another piston that flashes a light or something when the doorbell is pressed while in one of the modes that disables the doorbell sound.

This won’t solve the problem of phantom rings because that’s a hardware problem. If you want to ensure that the device won’t make noise while in those modes, replace Track #1 with an mp3 that plays a few seconds of silence. You can find an mp3 like this in the first post of this topic.