Pushing Smartthings Events to remote syslog/TCP port?

Hello,

I’m trying to find a way to push all Smartthings events ideally from the hub to a UDP port (remote syslog) or just pass the JSON to a TCP port. For those familiar with Splunk, I Splunk my entire home network setup and would love to add Smartthings in there to get a holistic view of what’s going on in the home.

I’m presuming I need to attach a SmartApp to the location – but have no idea how to create the listeners for all events.

Thanks!

1 Like

Here is some code for logging to thingspeak. It would be fairly simple to repurpose it for your needs. I am not sure about the UDP logging, but I know it can be done with http.

Have you had any luck with this? I am too trying to find a way to get this into Splunk. I am excited about Hub v2, I hope it gives us more options to get the logs. Since everything will be processed locally we might be able to pull it using Full Packet Capture.

I can’t believe this isn’t an option yet, this is something that the system is already doing. I have a lot of great ideas on how I can use Splunk with Smartthings.

Just got Hub v2 and would like to dump stuff to sylog/splunk as well, any word on options with V2?

For those of you interested in splunk look here

1 Like

Any luck with this? I would love to see this implemented in the future.

Did this with Splunk: