Pre-Release of Quirky (Connect) Service Manager and 7 Devices

Ah. So you’re saying that although

capability "Motion Sensor"

is listed in the device type code (and probably causes it to show up in Apps looking for a motion sensor provider), it doesn’t provide that capability in reality?

Yes, that was my bad for leaving that in there. There was some argument/discussion as whether to call it motion or acceleration when the device was developed. I’m going to drop it from the code.

If you download the new spotter device version from github, it will not show up as a motion sensor any more.

@wackware at one time I remember you saying that you were using the spotter for a notification of power loss. Can you tell me how you did this?
Thanks
Danny

Try this little app.

SocketPowerIsOut.app.groovy

1 Like

@wackware thanks. What is the correct metadata to add for this app?

Sorry, it was an old app before apps had to have metadata. I have updated the github so it’s good now.

:smile:

Hello! The integraron is great, buy I have a request/question, is there a way to turn on or program alarms or to start the buzzer alarm on the nimbus with a command?

I put in a request to wink for that. Nothing yet.

1 Like

I cannot use the buzzer on the nimbus, it is the worst sound in the world! :smiley:

Kinda like https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=4QzAVPjFGtOxogTG8oGABA&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DKAWoP1kncRE&ved=0CB4QyCkwAA&usg=AFQjCNGk_8015vl162_CZJ5tKtwgrvN5UA&sig2=rZfgt3ZomKvAao4wb0ySDQ

1 Like

Yes!!! lol 20 characters.

I’m getting an error when Installing the Quirky Connect Service Manager. On the “Connect to Quirky Wink:” step I get something that looks like this
{“data”:
{“error”:invalid_request",“error_description”:Redirect URI is not authorized"},“errors”:
[“invalid_request: Redirect URI is not authorized”],“pagination”:
{},“error”:“invalid_request”,“error_description”:“Redirect URI is not authorized”}

Anything obvious that I’m missing here?

Thanks
Steve

What Quirky device do have?

Spotter. I hooked it up and got it talking to the wink app before I started.
It looks like an error from Quirky’s API site, but that’s just my guess based on trying a similar URL in my browser…

A couple of questions to troubleshoot.

1. Did you edit any of the “Connect” service manager app?
  2. Did you install the Spotter Device file?

Twack

1. I didn’t change anything. Initially I didn’t do the OAuth and I was getting the Authorization error… So I fixed that and relaunched everything.
  2. Yes I did. I tried deleting it and trying again without it and got the same error… so i added it back and still get the same error.

Just in case I didn’t describe it correctly. The error appears when I click on the white rectangle “Connect to Quirky Wink: Tap to enter Credentials” on the Authorize Connection step. If I just hit Next in the top corner it will go past that step but never finds anything…

OK, let’s try the following:

1. Delete the app and device files.
  2. Download and reinstall the app and device file new from github.
  3. Do not change anything, especially name spaces.
  4. Re-attempt to login and connect to Quirky
  1. Deleted the non configured Apps from the My Apps section in IOS. Deleted Quirky (connect) from My SmartApps in IDE. Deleted the Spotter Device Type in IDE.
  2. Copied code from https://github.com/twack/Quirky-Connect/blob/master/Quirky-Connect-Service-Manager.groovy for the Service Manager and here for Spotter https://github.com/twack/Quirky-Connect/blob/master/Quirky-Spotter-Device.groovy
  3. Installed per instructions above (adding the step to OAuth the Service Manager before publishing for me.
  4. Got same error.
    Random things tried afterwards
    Tried with Wifi on and Off
    Tried installing again with + / My Apps / Quirky Connect
    Tried going back into My Apps and clicking on one of the attempts with the blue triangle in the upper left.

Am I using the correct code for the service manager?

Thanks!

If it helps Diagnose it… I also tried this:
Removed the Device type and Service Manager
Clicked the + in the circle at the bottom of the dash.
Clicked magnifying glass in top right
typed quirky and selected “Quirky Pivot Power Genius”
(I don’t have the Pivot Power Genius… All of this is just to get to the smart labs Quirky Connect)
Clicked the white rectangle "Connect now"
Clicked "Connect to Quirky Wink"
Get the same error there as well…

Hi @wackware,

Looks like it’s an issue with OAuth credentials logged into the App. Anything we can do to request a new Client ID/Secret?