PEQ at Best Buy

Nope. It’s line voltage.

1 Like

I just ordered two of the Motion sensors from eBay. There is very little discussion here about them, so I’ll report back once I’ve tested them out.

Just for information: I have a Peq motion sensor, open/close sensor and two thermostats that I use with SmartThings. Everything paired easily. There are a couple of idiosyncrasies with the thermostats, and I had to re-pair one, but for the most part, things just worked out of the box.

I believe these are simply re-branded Centralite devices.

Agree, have the Motion sensors, Door/Window Sensors and plug and they all work great, i was surprised that they also tell the temperature!

Do the door/window PEQ sensors have temperature on them?

Yep! They do!

1 Like

has anyone tried the PEQ moisture sensor? their website isn’t clear on it’s capabilities. Wondering if it has temp and battery also.

I am almost certain the PEQ & Smartsense devices are identical other than the housings and made by Centralight…

I picked up the PEQ moisture today. paired easily. reports battery, temp and of course moisture. VERY impressed with the size of the moisture sensor. It is VERY small.

I’m going to be using it in a crawl space. I will report back if I have issues with performance in extreme temperatures.

2 Likes

Can anyone comment on how fast the PEQ Motion Sensor resets after detecting motion?

This is from our utility room PEQ detector that turns on the light. We mostly walk through it, and it looks it takes about ~30-40 seconds most of the time to see the event in the event log.

Hope this helps answer your question

Thanks Dan!!

I will pick some of these up.

These are currently on major sale at Best Buy… Well my best buy for sure. (Schaumburg, IL) They appear to not be on sale online.

Picked up the following for $163 after taxes:

• 2 Motion Sensors ($24 per)
  • 3 Door/Window Sensors ($20 per)
  • 3 Floor/Moisture sensors ($20 per)

So far they work great!

3 Likes

Damn, no stock anywhere close to me! :frowning:

I’m stuck at work. If I had only seen this before I left for lunch! Maybe I’ll stop by after. They say they have stock, but I’m curious about the price. Also, not sure I need anything. :frowning: I was going to get more Fibaros since I like the way they mount and controls. Hmm… need to think about this.

Bridgewater, NJ store has couple of PEQ devices available.

1 Like

I wish my Best Buy had these!!!

Those sale prices are awesome!! Considering that the only difference in this PEQ versus the Smartthings moisture sensor is the top housing.

1 Like

How do these things mount? Not as in how do you attach them, but how are they angled? They mount flat and that seems like a problem since you can’t angle the sensor down. So, if you put it in the top corner against the ceiling, it won’t have good coverage.

i made my own mounts for my motion sensorsfor this exact reason

:slight_smile:

Oh, do tell…pictures please. (You realize when someone says “I made something” on these boards they are required to post pictures, right? It’s in our by-laws.)

2 Likes