Osram/Sylvania Lightify (it works)

In the standard Zigbee clusters there is no way to set a “default” for color temp. There may be a way to set the default level, but I’m not sure if it would be in non-volatile memory or not. Most likely this is implemented in a special manufacturer specific cluster FC0F, which would take quite a bit of digging to discover unless someone can get the info from Osram directly.

I might have free time this weekend to dig a little.

1 Like

For one thing Osram labels their bulbs as RGBW with distinct mention of white color temp from 2,000-6,500K. That might mean that you can send the bulb a color temperature command and it will switch to “white” mode to give the range of white including warm white. If you’re a tinkerer, you could copy over all the colorTemp code from the Tunable White devicetype. Then you’d have the color picker and a separate “Color Temp” slider.

Try this device type. No idea if it will work, but using the new color temp slider might bring the bulb back to a range of white. So after you’re on “red” or something, try sliding the color temp piece to 2700.

1 Like

Will report back how far i get - great suggestion @Sticks18 !!

hopefully i get some time this evening.

I got curious, so I slapped the control and action in there to see if it would work for you. Good luck!

Thanks for this.

So i just created the custom device type - but how would i map this to the actual bulb to test? (sorry what feels like a very n00b question)

Br,
Ant

Go to the My Devices section of the IDE and click on the bulb you want to apply it to. At the bottom is an Edit button, which will give you a column of drop downs. One of them is the devicetype, so go into that one and select the new Zigbee RGBW Bulb device, then click Update at the bottom.

1 Like

This might not be the question you were asking, but just in case:

2 Likes

thanks @Sticks18… just figured that out as your reply came through…

tried it and all normal control & RGB still works nicely but as soon as i try touching the new slider i get:

7df69496-a3e2-4627-81e1-27c93448e11a 6:59:32 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1444758815272520629584.swapEndianHex() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [00ad] @ line 137

Sorry, didn’t realize those other methods were being used. I updated the code on GitHub if you wanted to try again.

2 Likes

slightly different error still on line 137 now…

7df69496-a3e2-4627-81e1-27c93448e11a 7:17:29 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14447601996691230992074.reverseArray() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Byte, java.lang.Byte) values: [0, -41] @ line 137

I think we may have uncovered an issue with the Lightify Tunable white deviceType. I updated GitHub to correct that issue. (This is what happens when I’m not at home to test myself, haha)

You guys need to go on @pstuart’s live coding show, special edition: “Live coding without a device.” LOL!

1 Like

I am loving the use of the word ‘We’ although this is very much you making discoveries :slight_smile: I am still getting a very similar error unfortunately…

7df69496-a3e2-4627-81e1-27c93448e11a 7:38:33 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14447614898851892619723.reverseArray() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.Byte, java.lang.Byte) values: [0, -71] @ line 137

Last test update, I promise! (Sorry, Live Logging doesn’t work for me at work, so I couldn’t see the errors. I used my phone to test and I didn’t get any errors.)

1 Like

LEGEND @Sticks18 !! This is definitely adjusting the temp and jumps it back to a scale of ‘normal’ light from any colour now :smiley: Now i just need to figure out what temp is the one set by default when you power cycle the bulb. :stuck_out_tongue:

When moving through the temp’s it seems to ‘step’ through them so its not as instant as say a colour switch - im not sure if that is normal for these types of bulbs? Just an observation in case its of use.

As i have not yet mucked about with custom devices (and dont know what options are out there) would it be possible to add a button to the UI as well that defaults to whatever temp you have set say in the device preferences? Other wise each time you want to jump out from colour to normal light you will have to guess at a temp you like along the slider. A button of some sort would seem the most logical approach off the top of my head.

If there is a way to fund a drink or two for you let me know!!

Many, many thanks,
Ant

In case anyone interested Lowe’s has these for 19.99. They are not in the HA section but with the regular led bulbs is where I found them in my Lowe’s.

1 Like

You sure about that? I went to my Lowes last night and they still had the $29.99 Price.

I find with both Osram and Cree that local stores often get confused and shelve the connected versions of the bulbs with the nonnetworked versions, and price them accordingly. :wink:

That’s pretty cool! I wonder if the new Hue bulbs have this functionality since they’re now called White and Color (based on the Hue website this appears to be the case!).

The ‘step’ is intentional in the code, but can be changed. The color transitions are set to be “instantaneous” whereas the color temp code I copied over had a slower transition speed.

One quick way to determine the “default” would be to change the devicetype to the Lightify Tunable White version, cycle the power so it goes to its default, and then press the refresh button in the app. This will get the current color temp from the bulb, and it should populate in the value tile. Once we know that, it’s easy to create a dedicated button to go to that particular color temp. We can even create a few presets like Soft White, Warm White, Cool White, Daylight, etc… instead of using a slider. Might be easier for this type of bulb than yet another slider.

Let me know what you’re trying to do, and I’ll help you with the code.

And thanks for the offer! Just seeing what cool stuff can be done…

I checked my store and it looks like it’s a different bulb. The 19.99 one doesn’t show anything about adjusting color temp. The 29.99 shows it on the front if the box.

It looks like they just introduced three new lights. The 19 dollar bulb, a flood light and a recessed can light.

2 Likes