[OBSOLETE] MyQ Garage Door Device Type

I’ve actually re-written it in a different to what the original author did. Just follow the instruction there, and you don’t need to worry about Device Network ID or Device Name or Device ID or installing separate polling app to handle the polling problem.

Thanks so much for this! Seemed pretty straightforward to follow, but I get the following error message:

Could not find any supported device(s). Please report to author about these devices: {7[Null, 7[Null}

Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Long time reader, first time poster. Took a bit of work but got everything working on my MyQ!

If this is helpful, I found an API that gets all your device info up front for MyQ. Makes it super simple to fill in the information. You can call these as a GET just in the URL field in your browser (for those not familiar with APIs)

1. Call this to get a security token. Fill the XXXXXX as appropriate. Just your username and password. The appId is always the same.

https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/Membership/ValidateUserWithCulture?appId=Vj8pQggXLhLy0WHahglCD4N1nAkkXQtGYpq2HrHD7H1nvmbT55KqtN6RSF4ILB%2Fi&securityToken=null&username=XXXXXX&password=XXXXXX&culture=en

This returns a security token. Then…

1. Call this. Replace XXXXXX with the security token from the first call (include the two == at the end).

https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/UserDeviceDetails?appId=Vj8pQggXLhLy0WHahglCD4N1nAkkXQtGYpq2HrHD7H1nvmbT55KqtN6RSF4ILB%2Fi&securityToken=XXXXXX

This dumps a ton of JSON about all your devices, including IDs, type IDs, etc etc.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Adam,
I too struggled with this until I discovered that $garageDevices was getting an empty return. When I added a debug print for it I saw that this wasn’t getting found
findAll{ it.TypeId == 47 || it.TypeID == 259 }
because it was of this form:
type":{“id”:259,“nativeID”:132}

Since I just got this up and running today, do you think the syntax returned has changed since you wrote the code or am I unique. I got everything working but updating to look for the new type.
Thanks,
Jeff

Hello, Sorry for the repeat question. Im trying to integrate MyQ with my ST hub. I am extremely new to this so please bare with me.

Ive been able to create a new device type and paste the code into the box. Im unsure about where to enter my email and password. I don’t know what to delete and what to keep. when I try to save the code I get this " org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
script1422961439140716603278.groovy: 20: unexpected token: @ @ line 20, column 48."

This is where the @ symbol in my email goes. Any help with getting this right would be appreciated. I honestly don’t know if I’m putting in in the right spot or not.

Best info at @copyninja post: [WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

Thank you so much for this! I installed it for a Craftsmen Assurelink. Everything is working perfect!

Is the SmartThings implementation of MyQ supposed to differentiate between opening and closing the garage door, or is it the equivalent of pushing the remote switch which just toggles the current door state? I’d like to be able to open the door with a presence sensor, but if the door is already open when I arrive home I don’t want it to close.

Adam, I tried getting this set up. It just has an item in with all the other items. It just says " inactive"! in preference s there is no option for username and password. Please help.

Rob

Rob, I just started playing with this today myself. I’ve read this entire thread twice. I got the same screen you did. I just put everything down for a little while, killed the ST app, reopened it, and then everything looked like it should. For whatever reason it took a little while for anything to show up in “current states” in the IDE.

Did I miss this, or is it still in the ether?

1 Like

Nothing official yet that I know of. I really wish there would be.

Thanks, but I’d like official word on this @Ben. This is one of the most asked for integrations in the history of this community, and was hopefully to be coming soon (six months ago).

3 Likes

I’m hoping to buy this product any day now. Would be nice to know as well.

Hi EVERYONE,

for some reason Im getting this error when I try to paste the code in the app section.

Metadata Error: input() can only be invoked inside a section definition

Am I overlooking something simple? Ive installed other apps (icomfort, etc…) and never had a problem.

Thanks
Chris

Has anyone looked into adding support for the additional lightswitches supported by MyQ? I’ve got one that I use to control a light via my grage door opener, but it would be ideal if this was also integrated into SmartThings.

Thanks!

I thought @copyninja code had it, check below link…

Has anyone found a way to get this to work with hello home? Id like it based off of that vs stand alone sensors. If i have it set to open when I get in my garage it works, but then I’m unable to close my garage door with smart things if my car is IN The garage because it senses I’m still here and i can’t overwrite it. I would simply like to be able to say when I’m in this mode, do this, when I’m in this mode, do that etc. I tried to tie it to a mode, so when my night mode is on, lights turn off, door locks and my garage door would close, but its not.

Sorry if thats kind of long…

You said you created the DeviceType but never said you published it. Also, never said anything about creating the SmartApp and publishing it? See the directions at the top of the thread.

Thanks,@a2thejay23 - this is an awesome idea.

Noob question, though - how do I view these debug logs to get the Device ID? I’ve looked in the activity feed and on the “Live Logging” tab on the API page via browser. No debug logs to be found.