Monoprice now carries Z-Wave Plus sensors

Got the e-mail today for their new line of motion and contact sensors. Z-Wave Plus! I hope the actual device handlers work with these.
http://www.monoprice.com/search/index?keyword=z-wave%20plus&price_sale=16,120&cl=res&utm_source=160607_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=zwaveplus_hero&utm_campaign=160607_zwaveplus

1 Like

The door/window zwave plus has been on the site for a week or two. The motion/temp zwave plus is newer to the site.

Just found out today. All of my motion sensors are from Monoprice and I’m need of new ones, so this is a no brainer to me. Their door sensor is bulky, though.

The door sensors from monoprice looks exactly like the ones packaged in the GoControl kits from Home Depot?

Monoprice/GoControl/Linear are the same for the sensors. The ones in the GoControl kit are not Z-wave Plus.

Just received the new Z-Wave Plus Motion Sensor in the mail. Initial inclusion was a bit harder than normal, and gave the alert: “This sensor failed to complete the network security key exchange. If you are unable to control it via SmartThings, you must remove it from your network and add it again.”

Then SmartThings thought it was a Door/Window Sensor. Changing to the default Motion Sensor device did not seem to help. I tried using the jscgs350/florianz Monoprice Motion Sensor code, and the only thing that seems to have been transmitted is the battery state, which is 100%.

Anyone having better luck?

I am having the same issue. Have you figured anything out?

It could be using the new join and the default handler isn’t set up with it’s fingerprint yet. You may need to copy the default DTH and add it’s fingerprint in.

@duncan I assume we will be running into this with most of the new Z-wave plus devices coming out right?

Or maybe i’m way off idk :slight_smile:

I decided this was not a good use of my time, so I ordered the SmartThings sensor instead and requested an RMA for the Monoprice sensor…

These should work now, though we need to do some more testing before officially adding them to our “compatible devices” list.

I can’t get my motion sensor to work. Smartthings sees it as open/close sensor and nothing triggers.

What’s the Raw Description in the device details?

zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2002 model:0205 ver:8.02 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,98 sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,31,70,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

@duncan the new recessed sensor doesnt work with the stock handler either.

Tried the zwave plus door window dth as well with no luck.

Raw desc: zw:S type:0701 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:0.00 zwv:0.00 lib:00 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,84,7A,98

Now that im acually looking at the raw ill try unpair and repair

Edit: seems to work well after repairing with the Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor dth. It paired as a zwave sensor and i had to change the dth

Updated raw for reference: zw:S type:0701 mfr:0109 prod:2022 model:2201 ver:5.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,80,71,84,7A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07

Anyone tried using this custom handler?

The zwave plus versions are using the new command class. Just for kicks i set the new recessed position switch to that handler. It showed no motion on closed and motion on open, didn’t update battery status. I don’t have any of the purge new zplus mono price devices to test with.

Yep, just got a few sent over by Monoprice, these new devices are using security class and won’t work with the default DH’s. Working with their product manager on some spec issues, will have a custom DH created in the next week or so.

EDIT: If anyone wants to BETA test the new Z-Wave Motion/Temp Sensors, drop me a note

Incase anyone’s interested here’s a working version for the new Z-Wave Plus devices (this handler works for both the older Z-Wave and the newer Z-Wave Plus devices)

Anyone know if the recessed contact sensor is weather proof or can be made weather proof? They would be perfect to use in my wooden gates.

Definitely not suited for outdoor applications. The circuit board is housed in a plastic enclosure that is only partially sealed.