Mimolite for garage door and magnetic door contact

Hi,
I have the same issue. The main icon seems to report the state of the momentary switch to show the state of the door during the open/close sequence. This is fine but when the door has been open/closed for a bit of time, the icon should update to show the state of the contact sensor, not the momentary switch. The contact sensor is what matters as that shows the state of the door, open or closed. The state of the door (opening/closing) is hard to predict by using the momentary switch because it is only a brief toggle to trigger the door open/close sequence. Once the momentary switch is pressed and released, the MIMOLite has no idea if it is opening or closing.

Example:
In the closed state, the momentary switch is open and the contact sensor is closed which tells ST the door is closed.

Push the icon and it causes the momentary switch to “click” (close and release to open state) and starts the door opening sequence. The momentary switch is now back to it’s “open” state as the door opens. It remains there until the user pushes the momentary switch again to close the door.

The contact sensor on the MIMOLite will eventually be “open” when the door stops at the top of it’s travel (for me, this is as soon as the door opens as the contact sensor is at the bottom of the door).

The icon in the app seems to show the state of the contact sensor for a short time, but when you touch the “refresh” it refreshes with the state of the momentary switch which is “open” at all times except briefly when it is touched by the user to kick off the door opening/closing sequence. What the main icon on the app needs to reflect is the status of the contact sensor, not the momentary switch. This state can be found under “activity” which shows the contact sensor in the “closed” or “open” position and is always accurate (so we know it is available to ST to read).

The state of the momentary switch is irrelevant as it is only ever briefly “closed” when the door open/close sequence is started.

Is it possible to update the app with the main icon showing the state of the contact sensor? This would solve the issue I believe.