Let there be light in IDE Simulator does not work

Just trying to do the very basic tutorial on creating Smart Apps, following the instructions to a tee, I cannot get the IDE simulator to actually execute using the virtual switch and contact devices, when I change the contact status, nothing happens, no log updates, nothing.

Kind of frustrating for such a simple app. Can anyone point me to what is wrong or is the IDE app simulator just broken?

Not sure if this helps. Even if the simulator does not show anything in its log, turn on Live Logging on a separate tab or window… You should be able to see your SmartApp logs there. I always do that while coding and when the simulator doesn’t work.

Yes, simulator appears to be broken. I could’t get it to work yesterday either.

Ok, I thought I already failed when I can’t get the switch to turn green! LOL, thanks for confirming that I am not that hopeless in trying to create a smart app :smiley:

Has the simulator been fixed yet? I, too, am not able to get this simple example running. I’ve also invested the evening writing my own app and can’t even test it. http://youtu.be/_O1hM-k3aUY
I’m using Chrome

Here’s the error I’m getting when I try to set the preferences:
WebSocket connection to ‘wss://ic.connect.smartthings.com:8443/client/8cbfbef3-84c2-49ae-a014-7b40bb65d4ba’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Here’s the error I get when I try to run simulation:
WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state.Z15tOGPGC4pgsfqmoX1yAIB5EeDWKECovx5OfxGb7Fv.js:27 (anonymous function)
Z15tOGPGC4pgsfqmoX1yAIB5EeDWKECovx5OfxGb7Fv.js:27 WebSocket connection to ‘wss://ic.connect.smartthings.com:8443/device/virtual-49c43a26-7582-43c1-a992-0654f58346ed’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
2Z15tOGPGC4pgsfqmoX1yAIB5EeDWKECovx5OfxGb7Fv.js:27 WebSocket is already in CLOSING or CLOSED state.