Issue when installing new apps specific to a mode

I’ve been noticing lately that when I install a new app and select it to only work in a certain mode, it does not save that mode selection, it keeps it for all modes. If I go back and do it again, it will save that mode selection.

I can reproduce it. Sending Support an email. Just thought I’d post it in here too incase anyone was doing mode specific stuff and wondering why it didn’t take.

Is this with one of my new apps Greg? If you save the app with those settings and go back into it does it save?

EDIT: Just tested both the apps i sent you over so its not my code. I’m on iOS, are you on Android?

It wasn’t with your new apps but it was with one of your older smart dimmer apps. I don’t think it’s an app specific issue because I’m seeing it for a few apps I’ve installed lately.

If I go back into the app and recheck which mode I want, it will save it on the second attempt. Maybe it only happens the first time you install an app?

I am on iOS and android :confused:
I just use my iPad when home (which is how I install apps) and I use my android phone for presence or manual changes when I’m not home.

Hmm ok, yeah I’m not sure. Contacting support was a good choice :smile:

Wanted to report back that Support states this is a known issue that occurs if you have a large number of modes and will be addressed.

Cool. Was just gonna report I saw this issue yesterday.